Rental Reg Disinfectant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife uses rental regs. I know, I've offered to get her a set of her own. Anyhow, she doesn't trust the dive ops down in Mexico to properly disinfect the reg mouthpiece. I'm looking for something that will safely and quickly clean up the reg for her with leaving a nasty tasting residue. Any ideas?

Dunk it in some soapy water, do not hit the purge valve unless hose is pressurized.

Or.... buy a few new rubber mouthpieces and a bag of cable ties.

They're slicing off people's heads in Mexico. What difference does a dirty regulator make...

Buy your wife her own mouthpiece. Bring along a couple of cable ties -- one to affix hers and another to reattach the old one before returning the equipment at the end of your trip. Ensure that the mouthpiece is attached securely or else your wife might have to deal with an unexpected surprise while using the reg.

FYI, you should carry along a backup mouthpiece in your save-a-dive kit.

Buy your wife her own mouthpiece. Bring along a couple of cable ties -- one to affix hers and another to reattach the old one before returning the equipment at the end of your trip. Ensure that the mouthpiece is attached securely or else your wife might have to deal with an unexpected surprise while using the reg.

FYI, you should carry along a backup mouthpiece in your save-a-dive kit.

+ 1 more.

If she decides to go with a carry-along mouthpiece, get a Seacure so she can custom mold it ... might as well be comfortable.

The mouthpiece is a start but what do you think might be in the rest of the reg?

She needs her own regulator. Next best is rent from you local shop and clean it well before you leave.

We dip ours in the toilet after every use:)

We dip ours in the toilet after every use:)

:confused: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom