Requesting info for hotels and diveshops in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJL

Reaction score
Hi!
I've been doing some extensive research on where I should stay and who I should dive with in Cozumel! Now that i've narrowed my search down I was wondering if anyone had any input on the following hotels and dive operators:

Allegro All-inclusive with Diver Palankar Company

The Presidente

The Costa Club

And in particular: Aldora Dive Company

I would appreciate any input that anyone has on these places.. I'm new to diving and want to make this experience a really good one!!! Thanks everyone!

TJL, welcome to the board. You'll love it here.

I'm sorry I can't help you with any of those places, but I really like my divemaster (he's independent, not associated with any dive shops) and know of some nice but inexpensive places to stay. They might even be less money, but of course it all depends on what you are looking for, and if you are going alone or with someone. If you are interested in further info. you can send me an email.

Cozumel is an incredible place to dive! I just got back from there a few days ago. If you are interested I posted my trip report in this section.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your input... My boyfriend and I decided on these two places after an extensive research on the net. I really feel that Aldora Dive will give me the experience that will be extremely personalized, especially since I am a newbie. And that is what I am looking for. I am currently getting Certified, however I have not had the diving experience yet and want to make sure that with whom ever I choose to dive with, that it will make me want more and more. I liked the fact that Aldora Dive only allows 6 people per boat and after speaking with them on the phone, I think i'm going to get certified through them as well. At least take my test with them because it's way too cold here in New York right now... We also decided to stay at the Costa Club and Aldora can get us discounted room prices with this hotel.. So, that is an even bigger plus! Thanks so much! And happy diving to everyone!
- Tara Jean

Hi Tara! My name is ayesa. I work for Snorkel Center and Diving. We are responsible for all the cruiseships that spend the day in our Island. We take them diving, snorkeling and sightseeing. If you want more info about our diving trips let me know. Our e-mail is snorkcen@cozumel.com.mx

Ayesa.

Tara,

I just returned from my third trip to Cozumel. We stayed at the Costa Club and it was great! The price is good, the food excellent, and the location perfect! Make sure you get the all inclusive package. We did not and ended up paying 5 times as much for food.

We dove with Dive Paradise and had a great time. They have slow boats but they are big and that's what we like!

I definetly recommend a car, but don't get one at the airport, which is about $80 / day. All of those taxi fares add up after you give a tip each time. We tried the scooter route but my wife felt it was too dangerous. I think I agree.

We ate at all different types of restraunts and I have to say it was all good. From the pricy La Prima to the budget Ernestos Fajita Factory it was all good. We went to the grociery store several times which saved us a lot of money.

If you want more information, shoot me an email.

Will

PS: The dolphin swim is worth the money and is cheaper if you purchase at the Costa Club.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom