Question Retrofitting Scubapro Jet Fins from Rubber to Spring Strap, Which Brands Are Recommended? (2024 Update)

What spring strap brand do you recommend for retrofitting older Scubapro Jet Fins?

• Scubapro Spring Strap

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • XS Scuba Universal Spring Strap

• Hylacon Spring Heels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post brand name in thread)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Any, they're all basically the same

• None, stick with original rubber straps!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dermochelys

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm getting back into diving after a long absence. I have a pair of Scubapro Jet Fins with the original rubber straps, and I'd like to retrofit them with spring straps. Looking on the forum, I see three brands commonly mentioned in older posts.

I was just wondering, are other newer brands that might not have been mentioned in the past that I should be considering? Any preferences for which brand best works with the Scubapro Jet Fin?

The three brands I most often see listed here are
- Scubapro ~$59
- XS ~$80
- Hylacon ~$58

Thanks!

The Halcyon and Scubapro straps are basically the same. The main difference is that the Halcyon straps come in a couple of extra sizes and they have the Halcyon logo on them.

I chose "Other".

Can't get the Amazon link to load here for some reason but you can just go to Amazon and search...... Scuba Choice Scuba Diving Stainless Steel Spring Fin Straps Pin Style (Pair). $38 for the pair and 5 minutes to install. See past SB thread below...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom