Trip Report Review of Native Sons Divers and Mariposa Lodge, West End.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoyed your review. What led you to pick that area of the island to stay? What did you do besides dive? Just curious given that Roatan has a range of offerings, so wherever someone picks, the natural question is why there/not one of the others?

Richard.
Hey sorry for the late reply---I was originally scheduled to dive with Sun Divers but Native Sons has a bigger boat--since I'm not a huge fan of back roll entries I really appreciated the big boat and the giant stride entries. Prices are all pretty much the same everywhere in West End so that wasn't a factor. I also liked that it was locally owned by a native of Roatan--thus the name. I did try at first to book Coco View or Anthony's Key Resort but they were fully booked for my dates--but I was totally happy with my choice of Native Sons. I usually only did two dives a day but a third is offered at 2 pm. which I did do on my last day diving. There were usually just two of us plus the dive master but they would go out in the afternoon with just two of us anyway with the big boat which was nice. West End has a nice funky vibe--easy to walk from one end to the other in 7 or 8 minutes and everything you could want is on the one street right next to the beach. As for doing other things--not so much. Eat, sleep and dive. I was scheduled for the shark dive but the day before the dive I killed my TG-3 camera--I did have a GoPro also but they don't allow you to use them for some obscure reason--since I couldn't film it I cancelled the dive.

Thanks for the review info. We are booked for the last two weeks of January First time to Roatan. Staying at a West West End condo. Any other suggestions for diving in that area would be appreciated. Thanks again
HELLO THERE!!! west end have lot to offer and great dive sites and of course great dive centers, however if you have the chance to come to the south side and dive for a day, specially visit MARYS PLACE dive site come and see us at BAREFOOT DIVERS, would love to show you this side of the island, if you are interested or have any questions please dont hesitate to contact us at www.barefootdiversroatan.com or gm@barefootcay.com
cheers

Back
Top Bottom