Right place, right time ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's three of mine. The first was taken in Cozumel in January this year:

Guess%2023a.jpg

One from Lembeh taken in September this year:

Lem_Sep07-079.jpg

And finally one from home taken on Ningaloo Reef about a year ago:

Ningaloo06-14.jpg

okay, I'll try another one.

posting from photobucket, it usually works.

I like this one because it took me awhile to figure the gill out, at first it looked like a third symbiotic creature.

TobyandFriends-1.jpg

I was swimming along when I noticed a Navanax on the kelp. I had seen an underwater nature show that had talked about how the Navanax was carnivorous and follows the slime trail of other nudibranches. This navanax was on the prowl and it made short work out of its victim. This whole scene took only a couple of minutes. These were taken with my old Oly, so they aren't up to my current standards. Enjoy anyways.

David

P4084065-small.jpg

P4084068-small.jpg

P4084073-small.jpg

P4084089-small.jpg

Here's an octopus getting ready to eat a conch..........
octopuseye.jpg

catherineshark-1.jpg

it is a Tiger hitting a hooked Marlin,

not the best shot, the video is better, lots of fin tips, felt like the wrong place.
Catherine, story please, pretty please? I'm old enough now, can I watch the movie? :)

Awesome shot Bob!

Probably the closest picture I have like this would be some that I took of the WTC on 08/11/01. There are a couple of them that are beautiful. They're in film and I do not have a scanner, so unfortunately, I cannot post them.
It seems like the moments that happen for me are at times I don't have a camera. :( I just need to carry a camera around a lot more often! :D

If you want to use my scanner some day just ask.

Catherine, story please, pretty please?

it's not a PETA approved story though..

My friend in the BVI (an old time underwater producer) was riding a marlin with a scuba tank on his back, rodeo-style to document.... what an a-hole macho guy he was, I guess, and the Tigers showed up to teach him some humility about the food chain. I have the video because I was there and he gave it me as a souvenir, but I have never been able to post any video for some reason. The sharks get very aggressive and all you can see is Armando back kicking (not the DIR method, somewhat faster and on his back) and his fin tips doing a rapid back pedal.

Let's just say it made my week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom