S/Y Indo Siren (Raja Ampat) Reviews Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharksAreFriends

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have you been on the Indo Siren (Raja Ampat itinerary) within the last couple of years?
  • How was your experience on the Indo Siren overall? Would you go back?
  • Was it easy to get in and out of the dinghy with your gear?
  • How knowledgeable were the dive guides about the sites, marine life, and conservation?
  • Did it feel crowded underwater?
  • Did it feel crowded on the sun deck?
  • How would you rate the overall cleanliness of the bathrooms?
Any other tips/advice about this liveaboard would be much appreciated!

Hello @SharksAreFriends,

Worldwide Dive and Sail speaking: I invite you to have a look to the reviews the Indo Siren got on the ScubaTribe website.

Leticia speaking: I went on board the Indo Siren in July (diving Komodo) and this is my personal opinion of the boat and the crew. I came back very happy from my experience mainly because of the boat and the crew. The cabins were very spacious (bigger than my bedroom at home! :p) and clean (the bathroom too), the food was incredibly good (I came back with 2 kg more!!), the dive deck had plenty of space for my gear and accessories, the sun deck was most of the time only for me and my friend :) (most of the people were staying in the shaded dining area) and the crew was incredibly nice and friendly - always willing to help you and with a big smile!
It was very easy to get in and out the dinghy with my gear on thanks to the help of the crew and as we were divided into 3 groups, it didn't feel crowded at all! :) The dive briefings were very well explained and, underwater, my dive guide showed me the smallest critters I've ever seen in my life! :)
I hope my personal opinion will help you!

Worldwide Dive and Sail Speaking: Here is a list of what to bring on a liveaboard :)

Cheers and Enjoy Raja Ampat!!! It's an incredible place to dive!!! :)

Leticia

- Great boat, if I didn't have two little ones I would be on it tomorrow.
- Getting up onto the RIB was a bit of a hassle as the ladder was rather spindly, my wife would take off her bcd in the water and the crew would haul it up onto the RIB which made it easier. I'd say this was probably my only small gripe. But they were promising a much improved ladder. WDS has this been done??
- Guides had eagle eyes and new the sites well. The let you have your freedom once they saw you could handle yourself.
- Nope not crowded only 4-5 ppl per DM.
- The sun deck was not crowded, mainly because it does not have shade, so it would get pretty toasty up there during the day. The shaded area is around the dive set-up area.
- Rooms/ bathrooms cleaned every day and the boat was spick and span through out the trip.

Listen this is not the Dewi or Damia so don't expect that sort of luxury. But what you get is a very, very comfortable boat with an amazing crew, and as a first time LOB experience I'm pretty sure you will be blown away, just as I was. Oh and an added bonus is that BEER and Nitrox are included in the price!! Happy days!!

I 2nd Al Mitch. I dove her in Komodo in 2012 (was grateful for ALMitch pre kids review) & I am going again soon this time to Raja Ampat. The dive deck is well laid out & I like the drawer to put my small stuff like light/torch etc into rather than a basket under a bench. They label your gear & have big rinse tubs for wetsuits, regs & another for cameras.The main saloon has the camera area (decent area unless everyone has a big rig) & again each diver has a drawer there for camera stuff & another area for keeping other small stuff on deck so you don't have to keep running to your room. I never had time for the sun deck but it is spacious enough. There are two bathrooms on deck as well with shower. Food was great, our chef a hoot & the staff were all fantastic. Most importantly they knew the area & currrents & we would skip a dive to a preplanned location if they thought current was too strong. Most we made up at a later time. I had the chance for a less expensive trip on another boat but I didn't like the layout & the dates. Almost missed the one I am on due to a mix up in vacation requests. So glad I got a booking as this was the boat I wanted besides I love the great water pressure & hot showers which are a must after 4 dives a day. And I got cappuccino

Back
Top Bottom