Sacramento Lake Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The class:
Turn computer to altitude diving mode
Dive
Enjoy

:wink:

Not quite, remember your changing pressure getting to the dive site and returning to sea level afterward. That pressure change can affect your chances of getting DCS. Better to be armed with knowledge than to be lucky.:wink:

I have been thinking of hitting up Natomas underneath Rainbow bridge. From the upper parking lot easy entry and there should be lots of lost stuff by the rocks under the foot of the bridge where everyone jumps one would think. Flows should be low right now too - spring/summer is the time they let (too much) water out. Folsom is too low/murky to consider - the foothill lakes would be best right now (Camanche, Sly)

So you are saying that going 100mph down the hill after 2 dives to the NDL is a bad idea? :D

Why doesn't Dolphin offer an altitude class?

We do. Normally we dive at Lake Tahoe for altitude. Many advanced open water classes are conducted at lake Tahoe and the altitude adventure dive is integrated into that class. Did you want to do your AOW with me there?

I have been thinking of hitting up Natomas underneath Rainbow bridge. From the upper parking lot easy entry.

I plan to dive here on Tuesday morning, 1/20. I will be in the parking lot by 9 AM. Contact me if you would like to go at a different time or just show up.

This is my first dive in California in two years.

One more local here, up for lake a dive, but only because I've been having trouble getting to Monterey, though I'm getting a dive in there in Feb. But I usually have some flexibility to go midweek, if anyone's up for it. Fishdiver, I just found this thread now, and can't make it tomorrow. Otherwise, I would. I'm in Folsom, btw.

Pete

posted by fishdiver "I plan to dive here on Tuesday morning, 1/20. I will be in the parking lot by 9 AM. Contact me if you would like to go at a different time or just show up. "

Sorry, haven't checked my computer all weekend and now sitting at work Tuesday morning wishing I did!

Any interest in this Thursday, 1/22 around noon?

Back
Top Bottom