Sacramento Lake Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it a single layer bag or double layer bag?

In either case, the answer is yes, provided it's not a leaky seam.

It is a thin (500 denier?) single bag. It looks like the fabric was abraded sometime during the course of the move in several non-seam areas. I figure its worth the price of a partial tube of Aquaseal to see if I can fix it. In any case I will purchase a replacement wing in a few months and use the repaired wing as a back up or loaner.

Did a short dive in Folsom today. Visibility was better than my Natomas dive last week, perhaps 4 feet. At least I didn't face plant into any rocks. Saw one LM bass at 5.5 meters.

I finally installed the dry gloves that came with my suit and have been sitting in the closet for the past two years. I learned that I can't put them on by myself. Is this normal or do they loosen up a bit with use? I have the Sitech ring set up.

weeeelllll, I wouldn't quite say that... make sure you know your conversions before you dive. What I don't want to have happen is to have you guys go and come back fizzing - your call. No drinking before, no drinking after and watch hot tubs, etc. Watch your depth for altitude, and make conversions. Otherwise, stay below 1000 ft.

Good Luck

weeeelllll, I wouldn't quite say that... make sure you know your conversions before you dive. What I don't want to have happen is to have you guys go and come back fizzing - your call. No drinking before, no drinking after and watch hot tubs, etc. Watch your depth for altitude, and make conversions. Otherwise, stay below 1000 ft.

Good Luck

No drinking, all right. What are you replying to?

Just so you gents know... there is going to be a drift dive down the American River the weekend of 29th March. Call the shop - Dive N Trips - they are putting it on. We will head out from Sailor Bar and exit at the foot bridge near sunrise. Hope to see some of you there. This is going to be a potluck after for fun. Also, I was speaking with American River Raft and they are loaning us a raft - we will be doing a cleanup along the way. Should be fun.

We will be doing a predive on 23rd march in the morning. Again call the shop, just google it, and drop your name down. Later.

I just stumbled across my old thread during a Google search on the same topic! I can report that the access to my old favorite Folsom Lake site (Dyke 8/Folsom Point) closed down several years ago. I did several disappointing dives in Natomas Lake from the Hwy 50 access area.

I plan to dive the Negro Bar side on the north of the lake and Sly Park Lake in Pollock Pines this spring.

I have been out of diving for several years, but have decided to get back in the water. I too am located in Sacramento, and would love to meetup to dive some of the local spots, if for nothing else but to get reacquainted with diving before heading off to the California coastline. I was looking at Nimbus Flat, Negro Bar, Sly Park, and sooner or later Lake Tahoe.

Anyone up for just logging a few dives?

I have been out of diving for several years, but have decided to get back in the water. I too am located in Sacramento, and would love to meetup to dive some of the local spots, if for nothing else but to get reacquainted with diving before heading off to the California coastline. I was looking at Nimbus Flat, Negro Bar, Sly Park, and sooner or later Lake Tahoe.

Anyone up for just logging a few dives?
I am, when the mud settles a bit. You can also add Caples in the Sierras and the the Thermalito afterbay in Oroville for an Alaska-like salmon experience in late summer.

Back
Top Bottom