Salary for an experienced instructor in Mozambique?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ipod

New
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I don't know exactly where to post this thread...
So here's the situation: I am French (nobody is perfect...:D), almost 15 years in the business, all around the world. I got the opportunity to come in Moz for work, as dive instructor and manager of a small dive resort around Tofo. For me it is an old dream becoming reality, since I've been doing some of the best dives of my life there, 14 years ago :heart::heart::heart:.
But the point is that the company manager is asking me to send an email with my expectations regarding the salary. I don't have a clue of the usual local wages, and I'm afraid to ask for something completely unrealistic (too high...or too low :p)!

So please anyone with a working experience in this part of the world, would you help mefigure it out?

Thanks everybody!

Try using the the following,

"Fair compensation based on local economy, my skills set and experience, that fit the level of expectations of the firm."

If they try to hire you for low pay that you cannot even live on in Moz. then do you really want to work for them?

Thanks.
Just for information, I wrote an email to the dive resort with my expectations and they never answered... I think that dividing my actual salary by 2 is still too much asking for this part of the world....:(
So end of the dream for me. :(
I guess I have to go back to the Maldives... Tooooo baaad! :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom