• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Samana DR La Terrenas area

Discussion in 'Greater Antilles' started by stano, Feb 1, 2011.

1. stano

stano Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Heading to Samana DR and am wondering if anyone has dove with Stellina diving? Does not look like I have too many options. Any comments about the area, the recommended dives? We are going to be staying at the Gran Bahia El Portillo.

Stano

2. stano

stano Nassau Grouper

I ended up calling Stellina diving (near la terrenas) today and spoke to the operator. Sounded like an alright guy. Anyone have any experience with this outfit.

3. stano

stano Nassau Grouper

Anyone dive with the dive shop at the hotel Gran Bahia El Portillo? I just found out the hotel has a dive operation on site.

4. stano

stano Nassau Grouper

One last shot. Leaving in five days. Anyone dive around las terrenas in Samana DR? Dive shop recommendations? Looks like three options I can find so far. Is the diving very good there?

5. irmo

irmo Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    The DR is generally thought of as one of the Greater Antilles. Did you check that sub-forum?