Saturday 07/11 on the American Dream II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheyeview

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (The Diving Capital of the Worl
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We spent the day diving with Captain Todd on the American Dream II yesterday. In the morning we did the wreck of the Jay Scutti and a drift on a reef called the Caves. In the afternoon we did the Wreck Trek, and a drift on Oakland Ledges.

The Wreck Trek is 4 wrecks done as a drift when the current is right. The current was running to the south so we started on the Mercy Jesus, drifted to the Tracy (a/k/a the Ken Vitale Memorial Wreck), then on to the Jay Scutti, and ending up on the Pride.

Knowing what dives we were going to do I was not sure which lens to shoot. I finally settled on my Tokina 35mm. I had only shot this lens once before, so I was eager to spend a whole day shooting with it.

This lens has a lot of versatility. Once you get the lighting and settings down it is a great lens.

Visibility was not the best yesterday. The water was green, and there was a lot of white stuff suspended in the water. This kept me from getting good results on most of my attempts to shoot it a little wider. On a day with good conditions this would be a great all around lens.

Anyway, here are a couple of shots from yesterday.

1247431737_DSC_9602a.jpg

1247431720_DSC_9592a.jpg

1247431705_DSC_9487a.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom