Science of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaundives

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

As I looked through the forums I saw a number of instructors for this course so I figured I would bring my dilemma to you! I have finished the class part of SoD and took the test the first time, and got a 87%, this is passing normally, but I plan on moving forward in my training and wish to become a Instructor, so I get one chance to retake the test and get a 90% (which is what is required to move on).

I am stuck on studying for the test. I need help in getting my grade up further. Anyone have some good advice on this?

Thanks

hardest part for me was memorizing the formulas. which personally i think is a silly thing to have to do but......
but if you have that sorted out, then it becomes a matter of knowing how to apply each one in the right circumstance and/or rearranging the equation to solve for the missing piece.
if you did that well on your first try then you obviously have a good understanding already. your instructor should have gone over any incorrect answers so you should know where you went wrong. this should help a lot the second time around.
you could also ask your instructor for some extra help in preparing. let them know you are trying to make sure you get at least the 90%. not sure if they will charge you an extra fee for the extra instructional time (i wouldn't) but even if they do it should be worth it.
good luck to you. and congrats on deciding to become an SSI pro !!

Hello all,

As I looked through the forums I saw a number of instructors for this course so I figured I would bring my dilemma to you! I have finished the class part of SoD and took the test the first time, and got a 87%, this is passing normally, but I plan on moving forward in my training and wish to become a Instructor, so I get one chance to retake the test and get a 90% (which is what is required to move on).

I am stuck on studying for the test. I need help in getting my grade up further. Anyone have some good advice on this?

Thanks

Hopefully this will help you out. Most of the formulas are as simple as remembering what order the equation goes in. I have all my Science of Diving Students watch these videos, and then apply it to their individual dives in their log books. Let me know if you have any other questions, or if I can help in any way.

How Long Does A Tank Last

Calculating SAC Rate

Calculating RMV Rate

How To Determine Absolute Pressure

The Magic Circle And Nitrox

I am currently running multiple SOD classes and its greatly appreciated by the students as it gives them the opportunity to really improve their theory knowledge.

If memorizing formulas is hard for you I think it really helps most to throughly understand the physics behind the formula and where it comes from... I know thats hard work and maybe requires some extra time with the instructor but it pays off! I always tell the students that what gives them most credibility with future customers is knowledge and skills...

So I passed my test with a 99%!
The best advice was to ask the instructor for some more of his time. Math for me was the easy part, to be honest it was the medical parts that I struggled with.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

99% wow thats awesome. congrats !!

So I passed my test with a 99%!
The best advice was to ask the instructor for some more of his time. Math for me was the easy part, to be honest it was the medical parts that I struggled with.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Way to go!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom