Scopace discontinued - WTF?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Code Monkey,

The remark, "I believe that all of these pills do roughly the same job" is a quote from "Ardy" in the immediately prior post in that thread.

I responded that this arguably is incorrect as I took his comment to mean that all motion sickness pills do roughly the same job, which clearly is not accurate.

Ardy makes no mention of Scopace or Transderm Scōp, or of any other mal de mer medications except Kwells and ginger (not otherwise specified).

If you are inquiring if hyoscine hydrobromide and scopolamine hydrobromide are synonymous, the answer is yes.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Hi Code Monkey,

Yes. See post 12 in the following thread dated 08/18/09--> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/di...nger-pills-motion-sickness-2.html#post4638364

"Kwells" (Bayer Healthcare) is available OTC and online in OZ (ePharmacy - Kwells Travel Sickness Tablets 10), but some other countries require a prescription, e.g., the UK.

That particular product is not marketed in the USA and medical hyoscine hydrobromide requires a prescription here.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Doc,

Super Seasick Dive girl here.

I used the patch for a very long time. However, it makes me itch like crazy. (I actually scratched it off one night). Then I discovered Scopace.....a godsend!!! Received 1 prescription, then yanked off the market. Like taking candy from baby. My question.....how difficult is it going to be & how do I go about getting my doc to prescribe the substitute you mention ....the medical hyoscine hydrobromide. He is not a diving doctor & I had to inform him of the scopace. HELP!!!!

Ordered Kwells, got it, and took it on a rough plane ride through a storm. It worked well but could have worked a _little_ better. The package read, 'take 1 or 2' 30mg pills. Since my prescription was for 40mg, I only took 1; next time, I'll take 1.5 and that should be great.

This is a life saver!

if anybody is looking for scopace tablets- it is not made anymore however Steven's Pharmacy Costa Mesa ,Ca tel 800-352-3784 can compound the scopoloamine 0.4mg into a capsule form as long as you have a prescription from your physician . they can ship the compounded prescription directly to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom