Scuba Clubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am considering starting a scuba club here in San Antonio (we have NO clubs locally!)...and have been in contact with the "Hammerheads"... Seems like a nice bunch of people, and am considering a chapter here.

Can anyone give me any feedback on experiences with the hammerheads, or anything else that may be helpful?

Cheers

gadiver

Hi Gadiver,

From what I know of the Hammerheads, they are a pretty good group and they are growing quite a bit. We have a branch here in San Diego and they seem to be pretty active. I am not sure what they are like administration wise if you want to start one, but having a club under such a well-known name might help entice members to join you.

Good luck with your club.

Cheer,

Gadiver,

Have you thought about just starting your own non-affiliated club? One advantage you'll have is you mentioned there are no clubs in your area, what a perfect opportunity!

Let us know how it goes, we would also be willing in helping you promote your club. We are happy to help expand any clubs for that matter.

lady - gadiver,

Any updates for us?

Mario (or others),

What ever happened to starting up a new club?

The scuba club idea is rolling ahead nicely. I've contacted King Neptune and he's agreed to help us with the site organization. I have some experience as a club officer in San Diego's largest dive club. This one we're starting will be the world's largest in due time. I've been asked to help put it together, so we're looking for a good name. I've narrowed it down to a couple but don't want to mention it until I get a couple of more responces from the members on the board.

Hey Mario,

Any help you'd like from this end of the nation, just let me know. I'm interested in doing what I can to help.

Back
Top Bottom