Scuba Diver to OWD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maxmonty

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, my first post here so I hope it's not too dumb :)
I completed the SD cert while on vacation in the spring and would like to complete the Open Water Diver cert next month while I am back there. I'm not sure what course content I need to complete and can't seem to find the info anywhere. I'm logged into the app on my iPad and the SSI site, but I can't seem to find out what I need to do or if I can complete any 'classroom' type parts online in advance????
Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Hello all, my first post here so I hope it's not too dumb :)
I completed the SD cert while on vacation in the spring and would like to complete the Open Water Diver cert next month while I am back there. I'm not sure what course content I need to complete and can't seem to find the info anywhere. I'm logged into the app on my iPad and the SSI site, but I can't seem to find out what I need to do or if I can complete any 'classroom' type parts online in advance????
Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

The Scuba Diver cert included Sections 1-3 of the Open Water Diver curricula. So sections 4-6 and the Appendix will need to be completed (online / classroom) and OWD exam.

Also, the Scuba Diver cert included the snorkel dive and two Open Water training dives. Another two Open Water training dives are required to complete the OWD certification.

Hope this helps!

Carl

What is SD cert? Otherwise, the content of the OWD course seams to be quite clear for each agency - PADI, SDI, RAID, etc. You just have to complete the course. May be your SD cert will be considered as a part of the course?

Thanks for the quick reply Carl!

---------- Post added November 10th, 2015 at 12:41 PM ----------

So can I complete the classroom and exam part online or does the exam need to happen on site?

Exam is not online. The book work is online but what level of classroom review is up to your instructor.

---------- Post added November 10th, 2015 at 12:58 PM ----------

What is SD cert? Otherwise, the content of the OWD course seams to be quite clear for each agency - PADI, SDI, RAID, etc. You just have to complete the course. May be your SD cert will be considered as a part of the course?

Look at the SSI standards not the other agencies since this is an SSI forum. They have an intermediate certification on the way to OWD which allows diving with an instructor.

Look at the SSI standards not the other agencies since this is an SSI forum. They have an intermediate certification on the way to OWD which allows diving with an instructor.

just to clarify......."Certified Scuba Divers can dive under the direct supervision of a dive professional in environments equivalent to their training and within the recommended depth limits"

Thanks for clarification, Carl_F, rick00001967 , I missed that this is the SSI forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom