http://www.diveheart.org/

Scuba Diving Documentary: Living On The Fringes. Want to be part of our Team?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zoshk

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Calling all scuba lovers, film enthusiasts, Indo appreciators and anyone who believes they could contribute to this project. My name is Zosha Kilpatrick and I am an Australian PADI Scuba Diving Instructor with a background in Marketing, Film, editing and videography.

I am planning on putting together a documentary about people living on the fringes of society in an Indonesian-Scuba Diving setting. I want to explore why "island life" in the context of the Scuba Diving world creates such a simple, yet fulfilling existence. I want to learn more about the locals within these communities as well as expats, their way of life and how they find their buzz. Why and what kind of people can live on the fringes without the needs and wants associated with city life. Why is there such a strong sense of connection within these communities that is often not felt through city living?

To live on the fringe. To connect with nature, the ocean and each other. This way of life has always appealed to me throughout my life and an exploration of the human condition within this context I believe could help unlock a lot about who we are as a species and what makes for a serene and balanced existence.

Currently I am still exploring this idea and am in the researching, brainstorming phase. I have some money saved and am planning on applying for grants or using crowd sourcing to fund this project. I am also open to collaborating with others who believe they can bring something to the table.

From an altruistic perspective I am also interested in how this film could be used to bring to light the environmental issues affecting these people and their way of life. Also how such a small action by the individual could make a big change for those living on the fringe who rely solely on nature to provide for them rather than a corner supermarket or shopping centre.

I'm just going out on a limb and putting this out there to see what response I get. If you wish to connect, pop me an email and I can send you some more info or we can have a chat: zosia.kilpatrick@gmail.com. I am looking for a wide variety of individuals who might be keen to get on board and help me bring this project to fruition. Maybe you speak Bahasa Indonesia or have knowledge of Indonesia, travelled extensively throughout the islands, lived there for a time, are still living there? Maybe you have filming skills, experience in sound, editing, lighting, underwater videography, script writing, directing or producing? Maybe you have a scuba diving background? Maybe you have marketing skills? Maybe you are a marine biologist or scientist of some sort? Maybe you believe in my cause and wish to contribute in another way? I am looking for a team of skilled individuals from across a number of industries who have the creativity and determination to get on board. With funding this expedition should be able to be paid for and potential money could be made from it, if the marketing is carried out correctly.

I am currently working full time in my industry, yet hope to launch this project in 2016 depending on what response I get, when funds and equipment can be secured and when I can get a team together. If this is successful there could be an opportunity to broaden the scope to different countries including Fiji or Thailand to name a few. I also have experience in digital marketing specifically the use of social media and plan to use these mediums to get the word out and look for additional support. A podcast associated with the doco and it's creation could also help secure an audience and following as well as a blog and potential YouTube marketing. There are many new and unique forms of online marketing that can be utilised and I plan to experiment with a number of them.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes and fishes,

Zosha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom