Scuba Music (Songs, Artists, Albums that embody diving & diving culture)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octopus' Garden -- Beatles
Barracuda -- Heart
Montego Bay -- Bobby Bloom
Blue Hawaii -- Elvis
I Can See Clearly Now -- Jimmy Cliff (Johnny Nash's original version is nice, too)
Sloop John B -- Beach Boys
Kokomo -- Beach Boys
Three Lock Box -- Sammy Hagar
Atlantis -- Donovan

Anything from Scuba Doo...

Especially "It's a Moray" for those beautiful nights on the back of the boat, watching the sunset turn the sky a brilliant purple, a glass of champagne and my woman in my arms.

diverberr:
Stan Rodgers - The Mary Ellen Carter
Stan Rodgers - The Wreck of the Athens Queen
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Matchbox 20 - Bent
Evanescence - Going Under
David Usher - Surfacing
Motley Crue - She Goes Down
Queen - Under Pressure
ZZ Top - Under Pressure
Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck of The Edmund Fitzgerald
Nirvana - Dive
Ronnie James Dio - Holy Diver

Who can forget Stan's great line "...three dives a day in a hard hat suit and twice I've had the bends...." (Mary Ellen Carter)

For me, the ultimate hair raiser..theme song from The Big Blue..

I can imagine that the Theme Music from the movie Das Boot would be cool....(some boats have UW speakers - that would be cool to hear)

Jack Johnson does it for me. He was a pro surfer, turned acoustic guitar player, and his songs capture that "surfy, ocean loving" vibe as well (if not better) than Jimmy Buffet.

If you have never heard him, it would be worth your while to check him out!!!

www.jackjohnsonmusic.com

I am in the process of moving all my old cd's to the computer and came across "purple haze" from Jimi Hendrix's Experience Hendrix CD. This is what it says on the insert:

"I dream a lot and I put a lot of my dreams down as songs. Purple Haze was all about a dream I had that I was walking under the sea."

Nice song but does not really sound like an "ocean" song.

Tool "Undertow"

George Winston. Piano solos. Just close your eyes and picture yourself drifting along the reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom