Scuba Outlet in Key Largo?

Discussion in 'New Divers and Those Considering Diving' started by itr1416, Feb 18, 2007.

1. itr1416

itr1416 Guest

My fiance and I are new to diving and we are in the market for some wetsuits and other equipment. A friend of mine told me of an Outlet store in Key Largo, or maybe another key? Anyway he told me it was huge and they had excellent prices. Since I live in South Florida I was thinking of taking a ride to check it out. Before I do so I wanted to see if they have a site online I could check out what they have. Anyone know what I am talking about or can direct me to their site? I can't seem to pin point it on google.

2. daniel f aleman

daniel f aleman Single Diver

Divers Outlet is the outlet store for Divers Direct, located on Key Largo.

3. 1_T_Submariner

1_T_Submariner Humbolt Squid

4. 1_T_Submariner

1_T_Submariner Humbolt Squid

Oh welcome to Scubaboard!!

5. mike_s

mike_s Blue Whale

Unless they are having a sale.... Divers Direct has standard MAP pricing that you can get anywhere else.

I'm sure you can get a deal if you buy a bunch of stuff, but otherwise they are just 'scan the bardcode' and charge.

I have gotten some great deals when they have sales though, such as 4th of July weekend.

6. itr1416

itr1416 Guest

You think that the outlet store is going to have some better deals than Divers Direct? I was planning on going this weekend to Divers Direct which is very close to where I live. The outlet store is a few hours away. Worth the drive? I'm more concerned about selection.

7. daniel f aleman

Well, by definition, an outlet is for stuff that didn't sell in the main stores, overruns, extras, blemishes, etc. The hook is that you can get good quality stuff if you're willing to hunt for it. Also, manufacturers will use certain "non-retail" outlets for overstock sales offering close to wholesale prices.

Call ahead, see what's up...

8. mike_s

mike_s Blue Whale

Is Divers Oulet in Key Largo a seperate store than the Divers Direct store in Key Largo?

The Divers Direct in Key Largo actually has World Watersports on their sign, but that's a store that's part of the Divers Direct brand.

9. daniel f aleman

Here's a photo of the Largo store, looks pretty big:

[​IMG]

99621 Overseas Hwy (US1)
    Key Largo, FL 33037
    (305) 451-0118

9 am to 8 pm - Mon thru Thurs
    9 am to 10 pm - Fri & Sat
    9 am to 8 pm - Sunday

10. dk2943

dk2943 Barracuda

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    There is another outlet store, apparently unconnected to the big chains, in Key Largo at about MM 105. I think the name is Scuba Outlet, but I could be wrong.

There is another shop just south of Divers Outlet in Florida City

11. ams511

ams511 Orca

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
  12. ams511

ams511 Orca

# of Dives: I just don't log dives

Maybe one of these

Divers City Usa
    MM 104 Oceanside
    Key Largo, Florida
    305-451-4554

Divers Outlet Store
    MM 106
    Key Largo, Florida
    305-451-0815

13. MsParamedic

MsParamedic Scuba Instructor

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    You're right dk....Scuba OUtlet is at 105 and it is NOT huge. BTW, its owned by a chain of shops in Florida

14. Mafiaman

Mafiaman Scuba Instructor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    World water sports mm100 has 500+ wet suits in stock so your sure to find a fit, also their in house name brand EVO is guaranteed for life.

15. MsParamedic

Ooooppss....wrong info! Post removed!

Pat

16. 3ddiver

3ddiver Nassau Grouper

There is another store in Key Largo, I do not remember the name but it is right next to the visitors bearu. They do have some good prices in there but I think it is last years models if that makes a difference to you. They used to have a good price on lead, dont know of they still do.

17. MsParamedic

3dd....

That is the Scuba Outlet you are thinking about (MM106)

18. LowVizWiz

LowVizWiz Scuba Instructor

# of Dives: None - Not Certified
    This is absolutely correct... You can for sure get deals specially on wetsuits at both Divers Outlet stores (FL City and Key Largo) they carry discontinued stock from other Divers Direct stores all the time and some slightly blemished or returned gear greatly discounted.

I try to go to the FL City store at least once a month just to see what I can find.

Good luck!

19. fldiver1

fldiver1 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I shop with Divers Direct all the time here in Orlando and online. We stopped at thier "outlet" in Florida City on the way to Largo this past weekend and I was surprised to see HIGHER prices than at the Orlando retail store. Now, the store located in Largo had some deals on a few things. I saw a table FULL of TUSA X-ERT ZOOMS split fins for $79. Several colors and sizes. Plus a few tanks with "old" hydro dates that were cheap. The "SCUBA OUTLET" in Largo is part of SCUBA QUEST chain here in Florida. They had some deals in there too but you had to really dig for them.

20. mike_s

mike_s Blue Whale

If you guys want deals from Divers Direct, they have a HUGE tent sale at their Key Largo location on 4th of July weekend.

They use this sale to get rid of stuff that is old or isn't selling. They had some great deals on tanks and "last years model" gear.