Scuba Outlet in Key Largo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A tad earlier in this thread I said that Divers City was closed....they are located in Tavenier. I was confusing them with another "outlet" type shop that use to be in N. Key Largo.

Please accept my apologies!

Gee....the foot I stuck in my mouth sure taste terrible!

Pat

MsParamedic:
A tad earlier in this thread I said that Divers City was closed....they are located in Tavenier. I was confusing them with another "outlet" type shop that use to be in N. Key Largo.

Please accept my apologies!

Gee....the foot I stuck in my mouth sure taste terrible!

Pat

Actually looks like they are closing from this advertisement that was posted today.

from http://thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23270

Dive Charter Business for Sale-Upper, FL Keys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Single boat dive Charter business for sale in Tavernier, FL. Owners moving and willing to sacrifice entire business at cost. Store with inventory and 30' Island
Hopper in great condition. Recreational and Technical capabilities. Everything in place to operate now. Serious inquiries only. Contact mail@[B]diverscityusa.com[/B].

daniel f aleman:
Here's a photo of the Largo store, looks pretty big:

KL2building.jpg

99621 Overseas Hwy (US1)
Key Largo, FL 33037
(305) 451-0118

9 am to 8 pm - Mon thru Thurs
9 am to 10 pm - Fri & Sat
9 am to 8 pm - Sunday
Good find. Divers Direct is one of their names, but World Water Sports is probably more recognizable. Half the store is not diving, but the half that is diving is pretty impressive. Just beyond the Holiday Inn on the left as your driving thru Key Largo southbound. Probably have a huge Diver Down flag.

I did some shopping at the Key Largo World Watersports Diver's Direct store in December during my last dive trip. I stayed at the hotel right beside the store, so it was just a matter of walking through the parking lot to get there.

The selections are good, and there is a lot to look at. The prices, however, are no different than what you pay on line, unless you just happen to find a sale. You save shipping charges, but you will pay sales tax. Prices appeared to be more or less retail, so I just bought some small items.

Got a good deal on some Scubapro regs up the road at Ocean Divers. So many dive shops; so little time, but I managed to visit a lot of them!

What you're looking for is Scuba Outlet in Key Largo....it is owned by the Scuba Quest chain but they definitely have the best prices I've found - online or in any other store. And I did my research-almost to an OCD point :) - both before and after i bought ALL of my gear there. Still have yet to find a better price for every single piece of gear I bought. If you do happen to find a better price anywhere they will beat it by 10%
The best part is they have stores across the state so when I returned home to Orlando and decided that I wanted to exchange models of the Octo I bought, I just called Key Largo, did the exchange over the phone, and then went into the Orlando store and swaped out my octos that afternoon - no need to go back or mail anything back to the keys!
Here's the info for the place i'm talking about - and even a picture:
keyLargo.jpg

106010 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL
Phone: (305) 451-1408

Happy Shopping!!
d. :)

dldiver:
What you're looking for is Scuba Outlet in Key Largo....it is owned by the Scuba Quest chain but they definitely have the best prices I've found - online or in any other store. And I did my research-almost to an OCD point :) - both before and after i bought ALL of my gear there. Still have yet to find a better price for every single piece of gear I bought. If you do happen to find a better price anywhere they will beat it by 10%
The best part is they have stores across the state so when I returned home to Orlando and decided that I wanted to exchange models of the Octo I bought, I just called Key Largo, did the exchange over the phone, and then went into the Orlando store and swaped out my octos that afternoon - no need to go back or mail anything back to the keys!
Here's the info for the place i'm talking about - and even a picture:
keyLargo.jpg

106010 Overseas Hwy
Key Largo, FL
Phone: (305) 451-1408

Happy Shopping!!
d. :)

This looks like the outlet I went to right beside one of the Shell World stores in Key Largo. The guy was very friendly and the selections were good. Prices looked average, but I did not ask about any discounts and didn't buy anything major. Customer service was excellent.

I have been to this store several times, I have always found the part or items I needed and it is cheaper than any other plae in Largo. He has a large tent sale in the summer time around mini season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom