Scuba police...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess it's spreading like the flu, all over the world. More and more our governments are putting their noses in our "affairs."

Everyone should read "1984".

Obviously there is a cultural difference between the French and the English. Here in Quebec we have been separated from the influence of France for 300 years, we are very different in our ways of thinking. In that respect we are much closer to our American friends.

I'd much rather have the scuba industry in the US remain self-regulated than have to worry about the scuba police checking my gauges after every dive.

For that to continue, we divers have to be smart and safe and encourage our buddies to do the same. Don't create reasons to change the status quo!

i'd like to know if he gave himself a fine for keeping the mask on top of his head on the surface?

i'd like to know if he gave himself a fine for keeping the mask on top of his head on the surface?

That would be like a cop ticketing himself for speeding, just doesn't happen.

Actually - putting your mask on your forehead doesn't seem to be an issue in France. I saw a lot of divers do that in the Med.

it's probably just me ..had it beat into me in the marines ..."NEVER ON TOP OF YOUR GOURD PVT. PYLE" if i do need to remove it the mask hangs around my neck 27 years later i still look to see if gunny dickens is looking at me ....

I agree with the opinions that we in the U.S. (and here in Canada) seem to need a permit or license to do just about anything today. And this is not recent, but over at least 30 years as far as I recall. We laugh at France, but just think-- With the exception of lawsuits regarding one diver's responsibility toward another (which involve divers suing each other), there is very little that divers do that affect society and particularly, authorities. An exception is "no dive" zones in boat channels and dive flag laws (which probably are more to protect boaters from being sued, some of which may be official govt. boats). SO, to this point we are left on our own to take responsibility for our own actions--an odd situation. But just you wait........

Actually - putting your mask on your forehead doesn't seem to be an issue in France. I saw a lot of divers do that in the Med.

I think that's a sign of surrender in France, so they were probably all getting practice...

Back
Top Bottom