Scubapro MK17 G250V - Should or shouldn't I?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was in a similar situation with reg choice a while ago :) a month , eventually went for the g250v mk25 , vs the mk 17 , purely for the house routing and i don't dive near ice , i think its a bad ass looking reg and breathes awesomely , just a note , its a little big :) but u don't really notice it , it also feels very solid ( metal knob ) etc .... u cant go wrong :) if u havn't bought it yet what are u waiting for

Had the chance to try out the different Scubapro first and second stages.
I tried: 1st Stages) MK11, 17 & 25 - 2nd Stages) S555, G250V, S600 & A700

I'm going to get the MK25 first stage in Yoke and either an A700 or S600 second stage with a G250V alternate second stage. Even though I won't be ice diving the A700 was by far the best breathing and smallest reg I tried.

I still like the look of the G250V the best but cannot get over the size difference from the other regulators.

Thanks for all the posts that you guys made that helped influence my decision.
Feel free to post any opinions and suggestions because I still have two weeks before I purchase anything. I will be purchasing the week before Christmas.

Thanks,
Timothy

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom