Scubapro Seawing Nova fin, users review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I have been using Apollo Bio Fin's, the split fins as you know, for the last 4-5 years and really like them. But would like to have a fin with more power if needed in a current.

I really never thought about the Scubapro Seawing Nova fin. They really look different from a "standard" fin.
It would be great if the claims are true for this fin with the comfort and ease of a split fin and power of a paddle fin.

For those of you who have this fin, is this what this fins provides you on your dives?

Bottom line how much do you like or dislike them?

Thanks!

I like mine. Have over 300 dives on mine, light on your legs with good power. They have a lifetime warranty as well.

Yes, my first fins were also sp but an older model, bought used. Worked the hell out of me, air consumption got a lot better with the no as.

Reactions: kHz
There are several other other threads with reviews on this fin.

I've found these fins are great in the currents, especially mountain rivers. I much prefer my Jet Fins, however, the Novas were much more efficient and easier to use in fast moving water.

In the pool I had several people conduct test runs with three fins: Jet fin; Twin Jet; and Nova Seawing (including the Gorilla). They all stated the Twin Jet was by far the easiest to kick with. The Jet fin had the best thrust. The Nova was the fastest of the three.

i love mine. they took a little getting used to and i had to modify my full kick stroke. The fin flexes more than you may think with a full kick.
they have a good amount of power and thrust, are very comfortable and highly maneuverable.
I also have the Gorilla version which is stiffer. I use that where more power is needed like with my doubles or drysuit.

Best all around fins I've used, two pair of gorilla and a regular pair, tried to find better but haven't been able to, yet.

They are a fast, light and comfortable fin, possibly the most comfortable fin I've ever owned. However, I sold mine. I found they excel at flutter kicking but woeful for other kicks especially frog kicking, simply too soft. They are also bit of a line trap, which is a problem for me at my local. YMMV.

As mentioned, I have a pair of Apollo Bio Fins, and I would like more power than they give and not the strain of regular paddle fins.
I talked to an instructor at my LDS earlier today and he loves his Seawing's He has two pair, one for regular dive boots and one larger pair for his dry suit boots.
I may ride over to the LDS tomorrow and try on a pair and see what they feel like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom