Scubapro Seawing Nova fin, users review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you flutter kick you shouldn't experience any strain using the Novas, I didn't, I'm a small guy with a less than muscular physique, more on the skeletal side.

Yes, trying before you buy is of course the ideal. Good luck.

I like my Novas they were fast the way they were, I shimmed the slots with some plastic and wrapped them with electrical tape. Huge gain in thrust, control, and speed. They are still easy on the leg muscles. I won't be going back to Jets.

I like my Novas they were fast the way they were, I shimmed the slots with some plastic and wrapped them with electrical tape. Huge gain in thrust, control, and speed. They are still easy on the leg muscles. I won't be going back to Jets.

I tried to like Jets a few times but no love was found. I'm an L and the blade is very small, I found them uncomfortable and dreadful in any sort of current. I imagine the significantly larger blade size on the XLs and above make a big difference.

Did you shim the slots completely?

Did you shim the slots completely?

Yes, I filled them with plastic wedges, held in place by wrapping electrical tape around them. It stiffened them considerably. There is still more performance to be gained from this fin design. I want to do this with the Gorillas as they have a stiffer material. I'm convinced that the original design was fantastic, and they softened them up to have the greatest appeal to the average recreational diver market. Some of us actually fin underwater and not just float around.

I use and sell ScubaPro and in my store we have sold Seawing Novas the most. Everyone who has bought them loves them. They say they are faster and have lots of thrust and definitely used less air. I have a pair of Seawing Novas and I love them. I sit and think how did I know about them earlier. I love my Seawings and never see myself using anything else.

Hi guys,
I have been using Apollo Bio Fin's, the split fins as you know, for the last 4-5 years and really like them. But would like to have a fin with more power if needed in a current.

I really never thought about the Scubapro Seawing Nova fin. They really look different from a "standard" fin.
It would be great if the claims are true for this fin with the comfort and ease of a split fin and power of a paddle fin.

For those of you who have this fin, is this what this fins provides you on your dives?

Bottom line how much do you like or dislike them?

Thanks!
I have had the Seawing Novas for years and they did not have enough force or power to survive an 8-10 knot current in Rabaul in July 2016. For open ocean with strong current buy something else. I am in the process of trying to determine the most powerful fin to buy.

There are several other other threads with reviews on this fin.

I've found these fins are great in the currents, especially mountain rivers. I much prefer my Jet Fins, however, the Novas were much more efficient and easier to use in fast moving water.

In the pool I had several people conduct test runs with three fins: Jet fin; Twin Jet; and Nova Seawing (including the Gorilla). They all stated the Twin Jet was by far the easiest to kick with. The Jet fin had the best thrust. The Nova was the fastest of the three.
I need more powerful fins. My Seawing Nova's were not strong enough in a strong open ocean current in Rabaul recently. Do you think the Twin Jet fins are the most powerful? Were the Gorrilla's more powerful than the Twin Jet?

Back
Top Bottom