SDI solo diver question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your tears are salty, about 1/3 of sea water, but it doesn't hurt! I jump in many times and put my mask on underwater! You can't read gages but in the Caribbean you can see without a mask enough to survive! In cold California water I might carry a spear, but more for thermal protection than safety!

<< You can't read gages but in the Caribbean you can see without a mask enough to survive! >>

Ummmm ... maybe. An interesting exercise (which I have tried): Swim out 100 yards from the entry point on a compass bearing, remove your mask, and try swimming back to the entry point on the reciprocal. It's tough. If you pass with flying colors, try the same thing at night. :wink: There is a good case for carrying an extra mask when solo diving.

The dive is over and you surface! I never suggested that you should continue diving as a solo diver without a mask! Even if you have a buddy the dive is over and you surface!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom