SDM 2.1.5 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What version does it say when the software starts? It should say 2.1.5 (build 111) if you are using the latest version. What language option are you using?

emelotto:
I downloaded the new SW, but when I imported the antique data from the last DM, many data came completely wrong.
Is there any procedure to do it works?

I've found plenty of bugs in less than a week. Suunto has been zero help...
1. When you enter dives manually (and what a pain that is) you have to enter the dive time in seconds and the dive depth in feet/0.33
2. You cannot alter the order of the dives, it is all based on the order they were imported/created. Suunto says they will work on it in future versions. SO if you have a series of 10 dives and didn't use your computer for the 5th you can only put them in order if you search by date...that's fine, except they number every dive.
3. I tried to export data so that I could edit it manually in a text editor and re-import. Apparently (according to the help file) you can export in csv format or some other format. Funny, but 2.1.5 only allows you to export in sde format. Suunto claims you can read this into NotePad or Excell...apparently not my versions, I just get garbage

Finally I spent more on this dive computer than my PC...I really expect their software to work!

If anyone has had any success in exporting and reading divelogs into another program with 2.1.5 - please let me know!

DrSteve:
1. When you enter dives manually (and what a pain that is) you have to enter the dive time in seconds and the dive depth in feet/0.33

I don't have this problem. Dive time is HH:MM:SS. When I enter feet it goes in as feet. What happens when you enter say 80.0 in the depth field, does the number change when getting out of the field? What language option are you using? Are you using version 2.1.5.111?

DrSteve:
2. You cannot alter the order of the dives, it is all based on the order they were imported/created. Suunto says they will work on it in future versions.

We'll see if they can fix it.

DrSteve:
3. I tried to export data so that I could edit it manually in a text editor and re-import. Apparently (according to the help file) you can export in csv format or some other format. Funny, but 2.1.5 only allows you to export in sde format. Suunto claims you can read this into NotePad or Excell...apparently not my versions, I just get garbage

Hopefully they will bring back full editing ala 1.6 in the next version.

DrSteve:
If anyone has had any success in exporting and reading divelogs into another program with 2.1.5 - please let me know!

Pretty sure you can only import/export to SDM in this version.
[/QUOTE]

I downloaded it last week so it is most likely v. 111

When I enter 80 in the depth field it changes to 240 I think...hence if I want to enter 80 feet I have to enter 80/3. Also in the time settings if I enter 01:15:00 it doesn't give me 1h 15, it changes to 150s = 2.5 minutes or something very stupid!

Hmmm perhaps I need to download 2.1.3 and work with that instead. I prefer this interface to the old one, but that moot if it doesn't work how I want it to!

Another problem I have after upgrading to 2.1.5. is that there is no log number appeared after importing the data from the computer. It only shows date and time without a log number. LOL~~~ It is an endless.....

hoosier:
Another problem I have after upgrading to 2.1.5. is that there is no log number appeared after importing the data from the computer. It only shows date and time without a log number. LOL~~~ It is an endless.....

I noticed the exact same problem. I put it down to for some reason my possibly changing the date format from US to Euro style.

OK I finally solved how to insert dives in the exact order I want. It's a joke of a work around but it works. Open the dive log in SDM v 1.6. Make your changes (it conveniently has "insert dive" and "insert new dive in same/different series" built in). Set it all up how you want and then re-import back into v 2.1.5. Then it's all pretty and nice and in order. But, to make it work you have to set yourself up a new account. I couldn't work out how to delete accounts, so it was easier to set it up form scratch.

Suunto help desk has been a complete joke. From the names I am guessing they have exported their hel desk to India and the people working the desk don't know jack about the software.

Thanks Steve. It is a good work. But, it is so annoying if I have to install V1.6 and set up the new account. I will try if we can't see any updates from Suunto soon.

Steve - Your program is set up to use meters instead of feet. To change this you go to Settings (where you can change you name, etc.) and there will be a matrix with M FT, C F, etc. listed. Whatever is blue is active (bad, bad user interface design) and you simply click whatever you want to be active. This will fix the problem that you are running into.

BTW: I'm going back to V1.6 as well, they took away the auto-fill option on Custom Fields which I use constantly.

chrispete:
Steve - Your program is set up to use meters instead of feet. To change this you go to Settings (where you can change you name, etc.) and there will be a matrix with M FT, C F, etc. listed. Whatever is blue is active (bad, bad user interface design) and you simply click whatever you want to be active. This will fix the problem that you are running into.

BTW: I'm going back to V1.6 as well, they took away the auto-fill option on Custom Fields which I use constantly.

Chris, you would think that wouldn't you? It would make absolute sense. But I am set to work in the imperial system. It's yet another thing that makes no sense with this damned program.

It seems they took a clunky but working program, decided to make it look all spiffy and "windows" and turned into into so much chum.

Back
Top Bottom