SDM 2.1.5 Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wardric:
Hello all,

I'm using version 1.6 of the sdm and i think it's pretty obsolete. If you try to print a list of all your dives, it only shows some unusefull infos. I would like to be able to print the list with the info i choose (like depth, bottom time, buddy, etc.). Does the 2.xx version allows more flexibility for printing?

also by reading your comments, i'm not sure it's safe to install the new version without all my previous info being corrupted. is version 2.1.5 compatible with my old logbook.sdl file which i created using version 1.6?

and can i keep my old version 1.6 and install version 2.1.5 or will there be any conflicts?

thanks for all your answers

I don't believe there is a problem doing that. But best to make a copy of your original file before you do anything major. Once you get the new version working it's OK. But that's all it is. I've not printed out anything from it yet, so I'm not sure how the printing in 2.1.5 is.

I noticed the same problems when entering a manual dive. I have all my settings set to FT yet when I enter 30 ft as a dive, it changes it to 90 ft. When I set my Average Depth to 30 ft, it changes it to 100 ft. Since 1.6 still works, I'm just sticking with that.

Hey Steve,

Do you want to share with us how you managed to export then reimport the files?

Cheers,

KrisB:
Hey Steve,

Do you want to share with us how you managed to export then reimport the files?

Cheers,
I thought I did a few posts back! Anyway, as I recall (and this is from memory) I had imported my old v1.6 files in v2.1.5. I then re-imported them back into v1.6, made my changes and then reimported them back into v2.1.5. BUT when reimporting them to v2.1.5 I had to set up a new user name to reimport those files.

dnishio:
Is anyone else having a problem with printing to US standards? Everytime I go to print a dive it defaults to A4 paper on the printer and if I print more than one dive I must change the paper for each dive on the printer.

I have confirmed it to be an issue through Suunto support and was hopeful that it would be resolved in this latest version but so far I still seem to be having the problem. I am using SDM 2.1.5 (111) on an XP SP 2 machine with a HP 8100. I have verified the printer settings as well as tried different printers and even a different computer.

Is it me or has anyone else had this happen?

I'm having the same issue. My printer does not have the "Fit to Page" option, and I can't just put A4 paper in there (it's a networked printer, which prints primarily letter). I'm glad Suunto's aware of it.

Has anyone here tried the Linux mosquitotools or other import/export software via Linux?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom