Sea and Sea Has Lost My Business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Pretty bummed about Sea and Sea's lackluster customer service. I bought (2) YS-D1s about 18 months ago from Dolphin Scuba. 1 I used fairly often. The other was a back up/ 2nd strobe for more coverage. There is a battery terminal in the rear cap that split in 2 at the bend. I cant imagine how that would happen other than a manufacturers defect. After numerous attempts to locate this $.5 I assume Chinese made part I was told my option was to by a $50 replacement cap. Nearly all of my disposable income goes to diving related purchases. I'm pretty disappointed in their customer service and am loyal to companies that stand behind their stuff. Especially incidentals like this. Thats why I trust Shearwater to monitor my po2 and calculate my deco, Nellis Engineering to tow my butt out and back, and Aquatica to keep my camera dry and functional. So I will be discounting this strobe and it will be the last Sea and Sea product I buy. Great strobe. Not so great service.
20150617_124629.jpg20150617_124728.jpg

Bummer, this is not the first time I've read of poor customer service from Sea & Sea on this board. It's enough for me to steer clear of them. Hope you get some resolution.

Back
Top Bottom