Sea Elite Tek X Back Inflation Bcd- Thoughts???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MagicDave

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
i looked at them at diver supply,they looked like a very nice bc,similar to the ranger,nighthawk,black diamond.

I considered the TecX too when I was shopping around, I saw a lot of really good reviews, including some right here in SB. But decide to go with the Aeris Atmos XT instead with concerns about it being service where I live. I did buy the Atmos and my Reg set-up from divers-supply.com and can highly recomend them...and would buy from them again.

I've got one of the older Sea Elite TEK BC's and not had a problem with it. It's a very good BC for the money. Never had a problem with it.

You'lll find that that most folks who've bought Sea Elite gear are happy with it. (You'll also find that LDS's will bash it but have never actually used it. They just bash it because it's not something they can make money off of).

They've added several new features to the new one since the re-design, so I'd consider it again if I had to replace my BC.

Service isn't a big issue. If you need it serviced, most LDS's can use any replacement OEM part to replace the power inflator or a buckle. Chances are they don't stock many BC parts of the BC's they do sell anyway and would have to order it, so if you have to send it to Divers Supply for service you're in the same boat as your LDS. However, I've never had to do much to mine in service and replacing parts that my LDS didn't have. Mostly just keep the power inflator and bladder in good shape and visually check everything else to make sure stitching isn't coming undone, just like on any other BC.

Back
Top Bottom