Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SurfLung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
SeaHuntForever01.jpg

Sea Hunt Forever Event is Coming Soon!
- On March 19th and 20th at Silver Springs Florida, there will be underwater re-enactment of Scenes from Sea Hunt episodes for the viewing pleasure of 5,000-10,000 guests in glass bottom boats. The divers are all familiar characters and avatars from the Vintage diving community. SwimJim Bach, Sea Hunt Jerry Lang, Antique Diver Bill Tucker, Terry Stevens, Karl Gehring, Luis Heros, Rob Studnicka, Bryan Pennington and many more you would recognize from the forums of VDH, VSS, and Scuba Board. As you might expect, the chance to dive in this event is a treasured privilege. First of all because no divers are allowed at Silver Springs anymore. And second because most of the underwater scenes from Sea Hunt were filmed in the crystal clear waters of Silver Springs. (Tarzan and Creature from the Black Lagoon filmed there too).
- While the diving cast is already set and was done so by invitation, everyone who is into vintage diving is welcome to come and see the show as well as stop in and say hello to the divers. Take a Florida Vacation!
- You can read more about it at http://seahunt2016.com
- You can follow it on Facebook, too. http://www.facebook.com/Sea-Hunt-Forever-662357900565800/?pnref=story
- Below: Check out the Sea Hunt re-enactment knife fight from the 50th Anniversary Show a few years ago...
YbkaBcSFapGwvMbQiiLv-WeEEPIK7v_Lv10n-ZmtVxw.jpg

- I was very fortunate to be considered for an alternate cast member and received my invitation just last week when someone else had to bow out. What a thrill! I still can't believe it.
- I was sent a very strict equipment list... This is actually an historical re-enactment and the equipment must be accurate to what was used on the Sea Hunt TV Show. I'm close to having what I need but I'll be needing a few more items to be accurate.

You are going to have a blast, nothing like having a hose cutting knife fight with your nemesis underneath a glass bottom boat full of tourist...I did that last time and am bringing my "special" hose just incase he shows up again......but considering he is my local vintage dive buddy I suspect we will tangle again. :)

Thanks for starting this thread.

Attachments

• Video Capture.JPG
    Video Capture.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 359
  • SeaHuntTS-129[1] copy.jpg
    SeaHuntTS-129[1] copy.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 368
Sea Hunt celebration 2008 Silver Springs

Attachments

• IMG_24709562531303.jpeg
    IMG_24709562531303.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 338
Sea Hunt Forever...part of The Florida Springs Fest March 19th and 20th Silver Springs State Park.

Attachments

• SeaHuntForever-collage4.jpg
    SeaHuntForever-collage4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 214
I'm sad. I was at the dive shop today and I asked a young man taking the OW class where he would like to go diving once certified. He said that he has grandparents in Florida and he would like to dive there. I mentioned that there was a famous TV show, "Sea Hunt", filmed in Florida. He had never heard of the show or Mike Nelson.

From the Sea Hunt Live celebration 2011

Attachments

• Joe Musial.jpg
    Joe Musial.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 308
Thanks, brings back fond memories. Watched every episode as a young boy in Southern California, already a competitive swimmer. Didn't get certified until 1970 by the LACUU

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom