Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Hunt Forever Update
The Show is Happening NEXT WEEKEND (Mar 19-20)
- Sea Hunt Jerry and Joe Musial are already on the road heading to Florida. They plan to do some diving in the other Florida Springs before arriving at Silver Springs next Friday for the Sea Hunt show.
- Myself (SurfLung), I am being permitted to use the local High School swimming pool tomorrow, alongside lap swimmers, in order to fine tune my Sea Hunt Forever equipment... I need to get my weights and buoyancy right... The new Twin 38s harness needs to be adjusted correctly, etc.
- I will refill the 38s tomorrow afternoon... Plus my Cascade tank re-fill system. In addition to my Twin 38s, I'll be bringing two 72s and two 80s to use as a cascade refill system. After refilling my Twin 38s a couple of times from these on the first day (Saturday the 19th), I will send the 72s and 80s along with the other divers tanks to the Amigos dive shop for refill overnight. I do have a set of twin 42s I'll bring just in case.
- Sunday the 20th, I hope to get two refills and a partial refill from these tanks... And that should be enough.
- We're supposed to have vintage Sea Hunt divers in the water all day both days... As long as there are guests riding in the glass bottom boats. There are about 22 divers (I think) so I'm hoping there will be time enough for me to get in there and dive at least three times each day!

BSC_4705cr.JPG
Photo courtesy of Gene Page taken on Sunday at the event

Sea Hunt Forever Update:
EbandMike.jpg

- For two days in March, I was in vintage double hose heaven. I made four 30 minute dives on Saturday the 19th and five 30 minute dives on Sunday the 20th. I used the same twin 38 tanks for every dive but alternated my double hose regulators between a blue VCR2 Voit 50 Fathom, a chrome VCR2 Voit 50 Fathom, and a green hose VR1 Voit Lung... All my regulator babies got into Silver Springs and Sea Hunt Forever!
- I quickly discovered the best use of my cascade refill tanks was to do two dives per refill... And my tanks were dead empty each time a finished a second dive... Had to pull the reserve lever three times!
- My wife Jill took a bunch of pictures and video above water and I posted them in a big album on PhotoBucket. You can look through them at SeaHunt2016 by SurfLung
- I met and dove with many of the friends I've made in the internet vintage double hose community. Some of us were newbies (like me, Rob, George, Brian, and I think one other diver). Others were with the vintage movement since the beginning. Tom Madere, Herman, Bryan Pennington, Rob Studnicka, Barb, Luis and Christine Heros, Bill and Francie Tucker, Allan Klauda, Jerry Lang, JOe Musial, Bruce, Terry, Gary Reece, Mark... I know I'm forgetting somebody.
BryanandEvie.jpg

- Credit for a Job well done: Bryan Pennington (pictured above with Evie) accomplished nothing short of a miracle in pulling together all of the people, sponsors, park officials, divers, and conditions necessary to make Sea Hunt Forever a reality. Vintage Double Hose, BG Capital, the Florida Springs Fest, and the Silver Springs Park management were all gracious hosts and made us all feel super-welcome. I was and AM deeply honored to have been invited.
Bird.jpg

- Rubbing Shoulders with Celebrities: Pictured above from left to right are: A professional underwater photographer, a park ranger, Gary Reece, Jonathon Bird (of the TV Show) Tom Madere, and Christine Heros.
Props.jpg

- Photo by Gene Page... Compliments to the Prop Makers: Allan Klauda brought rubber knives, Spear guns that looked real but only fired CO2 bubbles, fake blood, and a fake anaconda (my favorite was wrestling the anaconda). Joe Musial made and brought underwater flares. Jerry Lang brought his fully restored and functional Voit Porta Sub. Others brought their own props, Rob and Luis had what looked like real KABAR fighting knives that were made out of plastic.
AlexPierce.jpg

- Alec Pierce brought his extensive collection of Sea Hunt TV Show Memorabilia (including the full size Mike Nelson cutout at the top of this post). Alec and Rob Studnicka (The Scuba Museum) set it all up for the public to see. Above Alec is pictured in the blue shirt with Mike Nelson Lookalike contestants: Eben (me), Allan Klauda, and Rob. Brian is pictured suiting up at the far right. (Sea Hunt Jerry won the prize).
TShirts.jpg

- T-Shirts by The Scuba Museum: Rob Studnick had some beautiful T-Shirts for sale at his booth as guests entered the Silver Springs park. Pictured above are Sea Hunt Forever divers Christine, Barb, and Evie modeling Shirts from Sea Hunt Forever as well as Sea Hunt 2011. You can still order one of these shirts from The Scuba Museum... Click Home.

- These are only a few of the thoughts and comments I have... I didn't know where to start so I just started blurting them out. There are a heck of a lot more photos and videos than I've posted here. Follow Luis' links above to find most of them. I haven't even gone through my GoPro videos yet. I'll post more later.[/p]

Last edited:
Last edited:
Definitely, a good time was had by all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom