For Sale Sea Quest Balance BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tommymo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking to sell my mint condition Sea Quest Balance BCD. Approximately a dozen dives, maintained meticulously after ever dive, stored on a hanger year round.

Size Large

Asking 200 to your door.

Attachments

• 20180821_135300.jpg
    20180821_135300.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 20180821_135359.jpg
    20180821_135359.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 107
Interested in the BCD but at about 1/2 the cost you've got it listed for, that's about what it goes for on Ebay, go check if you don't think so.

If you look on eBay, there are a bunch at $150, one (untested meaning it probably leaks) at $50 and most of the rest north of $200.
Bill

I just bought one on Ebay for $125, excellent used new condition, stated to have no damage. And unlike this one, it's got the Air Source octopus regulator.

I guess these used Balance prices are all over the place. I picked one up last week for $72 and it's tested out fine in my pool. No Air source, but didn't really want it

It looks rather worn, faded, discolored, and stained. Maybe not a problem, but a) I don't like to dive in worn out looking gear, having nice stuff is part of the fun, and b) maybe it wasn't maintained all that well.

If you paid a bit more for one with an Air Source, you could always sell the Air Source for what you paid for the entire BCD. that's exactly what I intend to do with the one I just purchased.

As far as not wanting the Air Source, why not? It's one less mouthpiece and one less hose to carry around on your rig. Streamlined, convenient, less bulk and weight when traveling. How often do you think you're even going to use an octopus, ANY octopus during your diving career?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom