Sea&Sea DX-D50 Underwater housing complete system, ports, strobe, camera, etc.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kev29

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Up for sale is my Sea&Sea DX-D50 underwater housing and complete set up for my Nikon D50 camera. The camera is also included. This set up cost over $7000 brand new about 4-5 years ago and has been meticulously maintained since I bought it. I am asking for $2500 which is more than I paid for the housing alone. Here is what you get:

· Sea&Sea DX-D50 Housing with front housing cap
· Nikon D50 Camera with cap, battery and battery charger
· 3 high speed SD cards – Two 1 GB cards and a 2GB card with card cases

· NX-90 Fisheye Dome port with rear port cover and neoprene front cover
· Compact Macro Port base
· Compact Macro Port with rear cover

· Sea&Sea NX90 strobe with diffuser
· Flexible light arm
· Sea Arm VI
· Sea&Sea 5 pin connector for TTL with strobe

· Spare unused o-rings for every single part (housing, ports, strobe) above and plenty of Sea&Sea o-ring grease
· Instruction manuals for every part included above
· Sea&Sea housing strap/handle
· Sea&Sea stickers

This is everything you need for a complete housing system to shoot both wide-angle and macro photography. The only thing you will need are lenses for the camera and the zoom gears for your lenses. I shot a Nikon 12-24 mm DX lens for wide angle and a Nikon 18-55 mm DX lens for macro.

You will need a zoom gear depending on the lens you are shooting. I used zoom gears 31107 for my 12-24 mm lens and zoom gear 31122 (now renumbered 31131) for my 18-55 mm lens. These are available from any authorized Sea&Sea dealer and on ebay and other retailers online.

Please note that the fisheye dome does have a few minor scratches but these are very minor and do not show up in any of the shots I have ever taken. There is only one small blemish that is noticeable to the eye but this is on the left side of the dome port and far out of the line of vision of a 12 mm lens. I have been using this system up until about a month and a half ago and would have replaced the dome port if I noticed even one problem with a picture.

Here’s a chance for you to get everything you need to shoot underwater at a fraction of the cost of buying a brand new digital SLR underwater system.

If interested in seeing some pix please email me at kevinstanley@rogers.com

I live in Toronto, Canada but have no issues with shipping or working out payment methods with an interested buyer.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg