Seac Sub Ninfa or Oceanic Hera for GF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going on a live aboard with my GF and going to get her a BCD for xmas. We've had problems with shop rentals and fit with her (mostly Mares Vector, SP T-Ones) and I want to get her a ladies BCD. And before you say it, I had her try my BP/W, and after spending all the effort readjusting, she wasn't particularly keen to it and its outside my budget for her anyways.

Where i'm at (Thailand), I have limited options of BCD's within my budget. Looking at Oceanic Hera and Seac Sub Ninfa as the two affordable women's bcd I can find here. I'll have her try both before. Found generally positive comments on the Hera on SB, but can't find anything anywhere on the Ninfa. Anyone have experience w the Ninfa? I believe its the replacement for the Syren.

Just more positive comments on the Hera here. My wife is difficult to fit, and very particular about her gear. I bought the Hera for as a gift after doing a lot of research. It was a home run right off the bat. She loves it. Only problem is that neither one of us are real keen on the integrated spinner knife, which is actually an add-on accessory. I thought this was a cool feature when I bought the BC, but once I had the knife holster installed it seemed a little dangerous. The knife does not easily come out of the holster, and essentially requires a very cautious 2 hand technique for her to remove it. The upshot is that it wont easily end up at the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom