SeaCure Custom Mouthpiece says Hi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess they don't monitor the board very often...:idk:
Sorry - we don't check every day, but try to at least once or twice a week. The answer is - according to Aqua Lung all of the regulators they are now selling have the larger orifice except the Conshelf, so the Kronos should be our size II. However, we did get one report from a customer that our size III fit a Kronos perfectly. The III is the same diameter as a I, so that doesn't make sense. So, it should be a II, but it would be safest to buy it from a dive store where you can try it on before you buy it.

I Love my Blue SeaCure but I do wish that the "bite tabs were a little thicker. On my first SeaCure, I bit down o give myself a nice impression but my teeth were so close that I lost a lot of room to breathe.

So I have one useless SeaCure and the second one that I currently use but the tooth impressions on the back are really mere scratches instead of solid impressions. I call the first one useless as I don't think that dipping it in hot water would fix the bit tabs. Any suggestions ??

BTW... In our dive club we have an unwritten rule to practice sharing air with your buddy at the start of a dive just to familiarize each other with the location and operation of your buddies alternate air. I have a ScubaPro Air2 and it's funny to watch your buddy try to figure out what's wrong with the mouthpiece when they take my primary.
Remolding the mouthpiece again in hot water will bring the bitewings back to almost new, so give it a try.

Hi,

Thanks for a great product. Really changed everything for me on multi day dive trips -I love it.

(((kevin)))

Sorry - we don't check every day, but try to at least once or twice a week. The answer is - according to Aqua Lung all of the regulators they are now selling have the larger orifice except the Conshelf, so the Kronos should be our size II. However, we did get one report from a customer that our size III fit a Kronos perfectly. The III is the same diameter as a I, so that doesn't make sense. So, it should be a II, but it would be safest to buy it from a dive store where you can try it on before you buy it.

I ordered the II and they fit perfect on the Kronos, took two attempts to mold since I didn't bite down hard enough the first time to make sure I didn't bite through.

Tested in the pool this weekend...I love it...the wife isn't sure about hers yet (really small mouth).

Will be testing on a few wreck dives in the Gulf this weekend.

Thanks!

Remolding the mouthpiece again in hot water will bring the bitewings back to almost new, so give it a try.
I would also recommend giving it a try .. that didn't work good enough on mine to satisfy me when I did the same thing of biting down too far when molding it so I got another one ... still worth it though

I ordered the II and they fit perfect on the Kronos, took two attempts to mold since I didn't bite down hard enough the first time to make sure I didn't bite through.

Tested in the pool this weekend...I love it...the wife isn't sure about hers yet (really small mouth).

Will be testing on a few wreck dives in the Gulf this weekend.

Thanks!
We're glad to hear that you love your SeaCure. Now we need to get your wife to love hers too. Because a woman's jaws and jaw muscles are usually smaller than a man's, a customized mouthpiece is really important for the least amount of jaw muscle fatigue. Remember, SeaCure can be trimmed and molded to fit even the smallest mouth (see the instructions). We have even fit an 8 year old child.

I would also recommend giving it a try .. that didn't work good enough on mine to satisfy me when I did the same thing of biting down too far when molding it so I got another one ... still worth it though

Yes...That's my "impression" too, perhaps a slight rewrite of the instructions might help, although they are pretty good as written. I do wish the tab thickness was a little thicker.

The key to get across to would be users/molders however is that since you can allow the mouthpiece to just sit in your mouth with very little jaw pressure, (hence the lack of jaw fatigue) it is very comfortable to dive with and hence the lack of the need for DEEP tooth impressions...still would be nice if it were a bit thicker IMHO.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom