Seaquest balance help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MuddyRubberDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Sequest balance help.

I have a seaquest balance that I’ve loved for years but this piece has always the weak point. I would like to get a metal one and have a seamstress sew it in. Problem is, I don’t know what it’s called. Does any know the name of this part? I’m also open to alternative repair ideas. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 2CFC5FE6-90F7-4824-A897-DD908BA1F385.jpeg
    2CFC5FE6-90F7-4824-A897-DD908BA1F385.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 44
Sequest balance help.

I have a seaquest balance that I’ve loved for years but this piece has always the weak point. I would like to get a metal one and have a seamstress sew it in. Problem is, I don’t know what it’s called. Does any know the name of this part? I’m also open to alternative repair ideas. Thank you in advance.
Seaquest/Aqualung name for the design is the Triloader harness. Not sure where you get the part short of scavenging it off a later Balance, which were metal.

If you are determined to keep the 20+ year old BC going, the easiest solution is to sew in a stainless steel ring, big enough to accomodate the three-way harness.

Seaquest/Aqualung name for the design is the Triloader harness. Not sure where you get the part short of scavenging it off a later Balance, which were metal.

If you are determined to keep the 20+ year old BC going, the easiest solution is to sew in a stainless steel ring, big enough to accomodate the three-way harness.
Thank you. I think I will order some rings for it.

It’s not 20 years old though. Maybe 12.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom