Seaskin vs diverite vs scubaforce

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need to decide which one to order. Which one is your favorite? Any recommendations, which accessories to get, must have?!
Cheers!

for what it's worth, my wife and I just ordered our second suits (Novas) from seaskin. Our first suits have 3 full seasons of diving (85 dives) and are still perfect. we don't like the idea of long downtime due to drysuit repair times locally, so we ordered extra suits. We think they're about the best value around for a fully customizable mtm suit with good quality.

for what it's worth, my wife and I just ordered our second suits (Novas) from seaskin. Our first suits have 3 full seasons of diving (85 dives) and are still perfect. we don't like the idea of long downtime due to drysuit repair times locally, so we ordered extra suits. We think they're about the best value around for a fully customizable mtm suit with good quality.
Which option did you take for your suits?

Nova, telescoping torso, plastic front zip with cover, si tech valves with dir placement, quick neck with silicone seals, kubi rings with silicone seals, zippered pockets x 2, neoprene socks.

Which option did you take for your suits?

Nova, telescoping torso, plastic front zip with cover, si tech valves with dir placement, quick neck with silicone seals, kubi rings with silicone seals, zippered pockets x 2, neoprene socks.
Most of these is your own personal preference choice.
Only thing that is somewhat mixed is pockets. I would say to go for biggest pockets you can, no one ever complained about having too much of pocket space. With Seaskin it comes to 2 choices, depending if you like/dislike velcro or zippered pockets. Expedition is their biggest pocket, but it is velcro, if you don't like that than zip pocket it is. It's 30x20x7 vs 27x19x5.

I have:

Seaskin Nova (trilam)
Seaskin Ultra (compressed neoprene)
Dive Rite 901 (trilam)

They're all good. They all fit me really well.

I don't know much about the ScubaForce suits. Just don't confuse them with SF Tech suits, which are absolutely top notch. 2 completely different companies.

Of the ones I have, they all have pros and cons.

The Dive Rite is the lightest and most comfy on land.

The Ultra is the most comfy in the water.

The Nova is (I think) the most durable. At least, it definitely feels more durable than the Dive Rite. But, it's a lot heavier and stiffer. The Ultra might be equal on durability.

I have zippered pockets on my Seaskins. I strongly prefer zippers. But, I have had times where I wished they were bigger. The Dive Rite pockets are bigger, but I don't like that they are velcro closure. As velcro pockets go, though, the DR ones are very good.

I don't know if Dive Rite offer an option for attached socks instead of boots. I do like having the attached socks on my Nova.

I think Kubi dry glove rings are the best on the market, which you can get with a Seaskin. But, the Slaggo wrist rings with Ultima dry glove rings do work well on the Dive Rite. They're just bigger (in my case) and more bulky.

Si Tech Trigon pee valves on my Seaskins and Dive Rite Low Profile pee valve on my Dive Rite are all equal, in my book. Can't really go wrong with either.

For water warm enough to be comfy with 3mm wet gloves (50F and up, for me), I LOVE my Seaskin Ultra with its neoprene wrist and neck seals. It's like diving a loose-fitting 3mm wetsuit. But, for colder water, I want a trilam, thicker undergarments, and dry gloves.

I have:

Seaskin Nova (trilam)
Seaskin Ultra (compressed neoprene)
Dive Rite 901 (trilam)

They're all good. They all fit me really well.

I don't know much about the ScubaForce suits. Just don't confuse them with SF Tech suits, which are absolutely top notch. 2 completely different companies.

Of the ones I have, they all have pros and cons.

The Dive Rite is the lightest and most comfy on land.

The Ultra is the most comfy in the water.

The Nova is (I think) the most durable. At least, it definitely feels more durable than the Dive Rite. But, it's a lot heavier and stiffer. The Ultra might be equal on durability.

I have zippered pockets on my Seaskins. I strongly prefer zippers. But, I have had times where I wished they were bigger. The Dive Rite pockets are bigger, but I don't like that they are velcro closure. As velcro pockets go, though, the DR ones are very good.

I don't know if Dive Rite offer an option for attached socks instead of boots. I do like having the attached socks on my Nova.

I think Kubi dry glove rings are the best on the market, which you can get with a Seaskin. But, the Slaggo wrist rings with Ultima dry glove rings do work well on the Dive Rite. They're just bigger (in my case) and more bulky.

Si Tech Trigon pee valves on my Seaskins and Dive Rite Low Profile pee valve on my Dive Rite are all equal, in my book. Can't really go wrong with either.

For water warm enough to be comfy with 3mm wet gloves (50F and up, for me), I LOVE my Seaskin Ultra with its neoprene wrist and neck seals. It's like diving a loose-fitting 3mm wetsuit. But, for colder water, I want a trilam, thicker undergarments, and dry gloves.
I saw the pocket option, do you take the outside facing or seam facing ?

I saw the pocket option, do you take the outside facing or seam facing ?

I'm not sure which is which of those descriptions.

My pockets are all on the outside of my thighs, not towards the front. That does make them a bit awkward when I am diving in sidemount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom