Seeking Information concerning anything "Bayley Suit."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello, Thank you for taking a look at my post. I recently inherited a Bayley Suit 3 piece wetsuit from a family member who passed. (I think it's a wetsuit and not a dry suit. How do I tell?) I am not a diver and the only wetsuit experience I have is wearing one in the spring to hunt lobster in Key Largo.
I am here on this board to find out any information on this company and also what a suit of this nature would be used for.
About the suit.
It's bright orange on the inside, blue with black seams on the outside.
It's appears to be made of a thick neoprene and has what i believe to be a diving knife holder on the right leg.
It is a 3 piece suit. Long bottoms with a bib that goes over the head and around the neck. Top long sleeve that has a Velcro section between the legs and the is a head piece.
I would guess this is for cold water because of the amount of coverage and the thickness of the suit but that is my uneducated guess only.
It appears that I can attach files so let's try to upload some pictures!
Well that didn't work so here are links to the photos.

Photo Album - Imgur

Thank you for taking a look and any information you could give me would be great i.e. company history, how much my uncle may have paid for this, does it have any value etc...

-Bryan

Jump in anyone if I am wrong but I believe "Bayley" suits were first available in the late 60's / early 70's. Yes that is a wetsuit. Because it has the "farmer john" piece, it is a later model. The earlier ones would have been pants with a very high waistband that went under the top. Nothing wrong with it as long as the seams have held up. By the photos, it appears to be in good shape with little use. It is for colder water, but one could wear just the farmer john portion with or without a tee shirt for warmer water.

An early add BAYLEY SUITS.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom