Sherwood Amphos Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where do you get that it needs to be serviced? If you don't hold the "M" button for long enough to trigger the dry switchover to pressure gauge, it will show that.

Becuase I've had a lot of experience with the pelagic computers. It gauge mode, pressure gauge is usually reserved for cylinder pressure gauges.
And your statement did not really say if you went into gauge mode or if you were at the prompt to pick gauge mode.

Hi there,
My name is Mauricio Moreno and I lead the Technical Services, SCUBA division, at Cramer Decker Industries; (Sherwood Scuba is a branch of CDI). I have some isnide info you may find useful. Out of the 565 units we have sold to dive shops since its release at the begining of the year I have received two returned to my workbench, one was operator error, (customer was confused with the functions of the buttons and thought it had a 'glitch'), no malfunction was detected and the computer was sent to the customer with some pointers on ow to access the information through the buttons. The other one was definitively malfunctioning & we sent the customer a new one.
Out of all those units sold, I have no field information to give you on exactly how many are right now on the hands of divers, but I think the ratio of returns vs. units out right now is very encouraging.
The computer is made by Pelagic Pressure Systems and although is simmilar to some of the ones made by Pelagic for Oceanic or Aeris the Shwerwood Amphos it is based on our famous Wisdom 3 plataform; it is a very reliable watch/dive computer in my opinion. If you have more questions feel free to ask; here is my direct e-mail: mauriciomoreno@cramerdecker.com

I guess that it was my Amphos that came across your desk that was an actual malfunction. For background, I purchased two Amphos computers. One for my wife and one for me. My computer went haywire within a couple of months. It was returned to me with new guts along with my original case and strap. Worked ok until now. Now however my computer is again unusable. For the record, my wife's computer still works just like the first day she used it. I will be very careful before buying another Sherwood product.

Hi I just found this post and I'm hoping for some help. I have the amphos air and I'm on my second trip with it. All this time my default dive mode has been normal but for some reason 2 days ago it switched to guage mode and I can't get it to switch back. It seems to be giving me all the same info (psi, dive time, dive time remaining and depth) but it's not counting down my safety stop anymore. It's not a huge deal I've just been counting it down myself and most of the dives have been ending in shallows anyway so I'm doing way more than the 3 minutes anyway. Also I'm diving air. But I would really like to switch it back to normal mode. I hold the mode button until it brings up the default (gauge at this time) and then I hold down the mode button again but nothing happens no matter how long I hold it. Any ideas?

Hi I just found this post and I'm hoping for some help. I have the amphos air and I'm on my second trip with it. All this time my default dive mode has been normal but for some reason 2 days ago it switched to guage mode and I can't get it to switch back. It seems to be giving me all the same info (psi, dive time, dive time remaining and depth) but it's not counting down my safety stop anymore. It's not a huge deal I've just been counting it down myself and most of the dives have been ending in shallows anyway so I'm doing way more than the 3 minutes anyway. Also I'm diving air. But I would really like to switch it back to normal mode. I hold the mode button until it brings up the default (gauge at this time) and then I hold down the mode button again but nothing happens no matter how long I hold it. Any ideas?

Do not dive with the computer for 24 contiguous hours and it will then let you change to normal dive mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom