Shore Diving Cozumel.. and critters.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We went in January and ran into this problem a little too. William asked our group of 14 divers to do our boat dives in the afternoon. This worked out great as some of us did shore dives in the morning. We all wondered why we could not do all our dives this way. Santa Rosa Wall is better in the afternoon on a sunny day, and the coral colors pop on the wall.

Wow, were those all at SCC or did you check out any of the other shore diving sites?

We're headed to Coz in May and we're worried about being able to get enough people together for night charters....looks like the shore diving may well be worth it if we can't get the requisite number of people (hell, or even if we can!).

We went in January and ran into this problem a little too. William asked our group of 14 divers to do our boat dives in the afternoon. This worked out great as some of us did shore dives in the morning. We all wondered why we could not do all our dives this way. Santa Rosa Wall is better in the afternoon on a sunny day, and the coral colors pop on the wall.

I wished he would have done the same for this trip, sounds like a great idea. It would have made things a lot less congested on the pier in the morning.

Fabulous! We are staying at SCC in June and chose it based on TR's from other divers who enjoyed the shore dive there. We love diving in Bonaire because we love rubble diving with our cameras, that's where all the interesting critters are, so we are looking forward to exploring SCC's "front yard". Thanks for sharing!

Do you have to stay at SCC to do the shore dive? We are staying elsewhere but may want to try something different for a shore dive. Thanks!

They are pretty tight with their property (guard at the gate) so it will not just be open access. I have seen folks stay at Hotel Cozumel but dive with SCC so that might work to get to get access and shore tanks. But it you stay at Hotel Cozumel, it is just 50 meters or so UW to SCC's back yard.

Nice pictures! I love Cozumel, but sometimes I just want to go to a shallow site and hang out in one place to shoot or observe the life. You can't do that on a lot of the more popular sites because of depth or current. I also recommend the shore diving when others say that there's nothing to see because it all depends on what you like. If you like big, dramatic coral formations, then it's not for you, but if you like all kinds of sea life and not much current (most of the time), then it's great diving.

@nursediver, I bet if you're willing to pay, SCC would let you dive there.

I am a huge fan of Cozumel's shore diving. I usually do my boat dives in the AM and then shore dive all afternoon.

One time when I was expressing my enjoyment of shore diving, the owner of the dive op I was using asked me if I was doing shore dives because of lack of money.

Really????

I didn't know whether to laugh or to be offended. I chose the former.

Back
Top Bottom