Shout out to AquaLung's support

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12th Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First post, new to the board and not sure where to put this one but here goes. A huge Thank You to Aqua Lung!

Wife and I just got back from a two-week dive trip to Belize. For Christmas she told me to go purchase all new dive equipment, get what you really want she says! Nice! Found a dive shop in Houston while on a business trip going out of business everything 45% off. The had all the Aqua lung equipment that was on my wish list, even better the 45% discount.

I decided to go with the Aqua Lung Axiom i3 FAST connect BCD. My buddy has one and loves it, reviews we’re outstanding. When I got home from my business trip I traveled 2.5 hours to Dallas so I could pool test everything. (My wife and I live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere TX, Dallas area are the closed dive shops) I gotta say, the FAST connect system on the BCD took 3 of to figure out. Once we got it figured out it was simple to operate and worked ok. I never felt my tank was fully secure though I had no issues in the pool. When I got home I called Aqua Lung, it was 12/23. They’re closed for the holidays, but I did get transferred to the Axiom FAST project managers phone where I left a detailed message about what was happening. I asked if I could replace the FAST connect strap with a regular tank strap.

On Jan 2nd Richard from Aqua Lung called me. He said my issue with getting the tank snug happens but there’s a real simple fix. I got my BCD out and he started to explain the fix. Pretty darn simple. He said do you have a tank to fit this to right now. I said no. He promptly said we’re done here. He asked me my BCD size and address. I gave it to him and he asked me if I would hold a few minutes which I did. I’d say I was on hold 3 or 4 min when he came back. He said he’s going to overnight a new Axiom i3 without the FAST connect system. He said in good conscience the last thing he’d want a customer doing is trying to adjust the FAST connect system on their BCD on a boat waiting to dive. Even though the fix was simple he didn’t want me to have issues and it ruin our dive trip. He said when I got back from Belize keep the BCD I wanted, and he recommended the non-FAST Axiom i3 and send the other back with the prepaid shipping label. I’m keeping the non-FAST i3 BCD. The Axiom i3 system was phenomenal and took all the fun out of fussing with my BCD. For it being Belize's dry season it sure did rain a lot but still managed to get in 13 dives.

That folks is great customer service, above and beyond anything I was thinking was going to happen! I can’t thank Richard and Aqua Lung enough.

Back
Top Bottom