Size 14 shoe, what size Force Fin Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merlin- you know what, I was bought the Orcas for the exact same reason, they were cheap. I used them once, just enough that I couldn't return them, and I really didn't like them. They are simply too stiff. They are the only Pinnacle Product that I have been disappointed with. There is another option, although I am not sure if you will like it. Take the Orca boot and some 60grit sandpaper/angle grinder and/or a razor blade. I have modified/reduced the sole on the Orca and you can make it small enough to get into the XXL. Since you got them so cheap it may be a good option. Also the Pinnacle stuff runs true to size, so they say 14 they mean it.

Or you can hopefully exchange them for this boot
6mm Merino Medium Sole
this is the warmest wet boot that I know of.. the merino is fantastic, warm, and it doesn't smell

You can try the 3XL w/insteps to size them down some, but I will say, I put my foot in them with a running shoe on and they were still too big. I have a pair of wader like rubber boots that work with it nicely. I am not sure that you can make the 3XL pocket small enough to work

Here is an update. I snagged a pair of XXL FF Pro's on ebay. I can get the size 14 Orca Heavy Duty Zipper Boots in the FF and then put the boots on but the bind is on the ball of the foot. Just to much material in these boots as Meesier42 suggested. I am going to take them (FFs) to my LDS and see what I can do about getting a new boot that will fit my foot and the flippers. Maybe he will let me in the pool to try out the new booties. Wink Wink nod nod say no more.
BTW I am already liking the Force Fins. Butt ugly, but then I ain't to Don Johnson.

Great to hear about your continued quest to get into the fins. Please keep us updated about your experience once you get into the water and what boots worked for you!

well, I hope your able to find the right boots for you. Like I said, if you don't plan on returning them you can go to town with some sandpaper and grind the soles down and make them fit. I know its tough to find a boot that works for big feet and Pinnacle is one of the few that make them to foot size.

A picture of what a properly fitting fin looks like would help. I know the orcas are to big to fit in the....is it still called a pocket? My old U.S. Divers booties are a better fit, but the top portion of the fin covers all of my instep. Is this normal? Maybe one of the FF Gurus could do a thread on properly fitting the FFs for us rookies.

A picture of what a properly fitting fin looks like would help. I know the orcas are to big to fit in the....is it still called a pocket? My old U.S. Divers booties are a better fit, but the top portion of the fin covers all of my instep. Is this normal? Maybe one of the FF Gurus could do a thread on properly fitting the FFs for us rookies.

Great idea! I like the idea of the sizing post! In the mean time you gave me a chance to run out to my dive locker and put on some fins!
toes.jpg

The fin should fin comfortably - That is the most important! There should be no wiggle once your foot or boot is in the pocket! Your heel should be hanging out the back a bit maybe an inch. I use different models with different boots, barefoot etc there is a difference between how much my heel sticks out, but in general use the pictures to help you determine if your fins fit properly! This is in my room pre -dive so when I am on the dive deck my foot will be further into the fin. YOU CAN BET!

bestfit.jpg

Last edited:
I took a couple of pictures as well. My foot is 13. these are a little loose as I have pictured, I normally wear my 3mm boot with them. The Black fin is a Pro XL and the Yellow is a Foil Force in XXL w/ comfort instep. I just took the boots off for the pictures, for me the key is to keep the foot pocket above the knuckle of your toes, but at the same time the upper part doesn't touch the crease at my ankle. With a normal 3mm bootie the XL fits a little tight, the XXL w/instep is perfect. Barefoot, I put the instep in the XL and off I go.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom