Sliding Buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am thinking of switching to sliding buckles to make trimming my aluminum tanks easier and to reduce clutter in my waist strap. What are my options? Are there products in the market which are available NOW (aside from the LB-SR which is as elusive as a unicorn)?

I have seen this product from the UK http://www.bainbridgeint.com/Item.aspx?Item=PRD-900175&PartNo=G222 . Will this work if paired with a low profile D-ring? Thanks in advance!

The part you initial linked to will work with D rings, however as suggested further along, Andrew Goring from Sump UK is now selling a newer Sliding D ring that are smoother than the original ones he sold (the same as what you linked to originally).

You can get in contact with him via his Facebook page and i know he will ship worldwide. I've bought several of his products and can highly recommend him.
https://www.facebook.com/SUMP-UK-919956964695635/?fref=ts

Yep... here's some pics of the latest Sump UK sliding D-rings...

12583822_1719017324995384_1061826218_n.jpg

12516585_1719017321662051_422461109_n.jpg

I don't dive al80's a lot except for stages butI really don't see the advantage of a sliding Dring. It seems to me the butt of the tanks are either negative or positive. That fleeting amount of time they would be completely neutral seems insignificant to me. What am I missing with my line of reasoning?

agreed. but you still would need two points of contact. with the slider, you can use just the one and move as needed. saves some space on the waist and does give you the ability to adjust infinitely.

The LB-SR's are worth getting, try some of the other shops in Playa to see if they will sell and ship you some. I was able to obtain 3 sets that way.

I've used the shallow D rings up the belt for years, easy, efficient and simple. Years ago I tried the large O rings instead, hated them. I haven't tried the sliding rings but if a free set came my way.....otherwise.....it's not a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom