Snorkeling locations in NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessica Anderson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My sister has just started snorkeling and she asked me for recommendations for good places to snorkel in NC around the Wilmington area. I haven't done much snorkeling in that area. She's heard that the Wrightsville Beach area around the jetty may be a good place. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks!

IMG_0005.png

I'm a big fan of local snorkelling and I dislike seeing a thread about it getting no messages while another involving a flight to the tropics gets many more. So here goes:

Here's a ScubaBoard thread about snorkelling in the Outer Banks of NC: Outer Banks Snorkeling?

There's a video about Topsail Island snorkelling at
You might find the following map with 80 NC "swimming holes" of interest at SwimmingHoles.info North Carolina Swimming Holes and Hot Springs rivers creek springs falls hiking camping outdoors

Last edited:
The inlets and bridges around Beaufort and especially Radio Island can provide some decent snorkeling, with some tropical reef fishes in summer and fall months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom