So,.... what's everyone in the KPP up to lately

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since we have the KPP facebook page we don't need this place, hence the quiet. I guess when you piss enough people off they quit coming to your forum. For those that haven't joined us, we are on facebook.

Not everyone is on Facebook, Wally. I know many people that will not join Facebook because of the viruses that are rampant on it & I can't say I blame them. Computers, although they are more affordable, still aren't cheap.

I'd say Face book has a little to do with it but it's not the only reason things have been quiet around here.

The fact that we've lost most of our local diving is probably the biggest reason. Joe's has become a hangout for the non diving party community, Waldron Blue Springs has had some kind of ownership legal battle going on, and Cerulean Springs closed a couple years ago. That really only leaves Pennyroyal and for me personally that's too far to drive really unless I want an overnight stay.

We really need some local diving! What's really a shame is that there is a ton of quarries around the Louisville Metro area but you can't gain access to any of them...

Yeah, I hear ya, John. Pennyroyal is about it for me also. Mermet is a 2-1/2- 3 hrs away, so is an over- nighter for me too. It is a shame that there's not much else nearby.

I miss Dive Cerulean for the fairly warm water diving with a vegetated bottom where I could see some variety of fish and get the feeling I was with nature.

What's the name of the Facebook page/group in question? I did some searching on Facebook and didn't turn it up.

Richard.

You guys sure didn't make the FB page easy to find! Kinda like you're kidding or something. I sent my request to join. Sure hope I'm approved! :D

Not much diving for me in 2011 with 2 job changes. I did 25 dives or so, all local except for 2 meg tooth dives off Venice Beach FL. I hope to improve that in 2012. Going on a trip up to the Straits of Machinac in June that Wally is also on. Hoping to fit in 2-3 other trips up to the Great Lakes. Our youngest gets married in May. She's doing a beach wedding in Panama City. I may try to get out to the Oriskany, but it'll just depend upon the schedule for the 3-4 days we're down there.

You guys sure didn't make the FB page easy to find! Kinda like you're kidding or something. I sent my request to join. Sure hope I'm approved! :D

Not much diving for me in 2011 with 2 job changes. I did 25 dives or so, all local except for 2 meg tooth dives off Venice Beach FL. I hope to improve that in 2012. Going on a trip up to the Straits of Machinac in June that Wally is also on. Hoping to fit in 2-3 other trips up to the Great Lakes. Our youngest gets married in May. She's doing a beach wedding in Panama City. I may try to get out to the Oriskany, but it'll just depend upon the schedule for the 3-4 days we're down there.

BTW, the name has now been added too on FB. However, I did't try and do a search...note to self. Should be able to search it as KPP as well as Kentucky Piranha Patrol.The Great Lakes Wrecking Crew also has one in case others may be interested. I know you're already part of it Jim.
For those that may be wondering, the FB page was set up as a closed community to stop others from posting within the group. We wanted to keep it from being trashed.

Not sure why you couldn't find the group either way. I used a different account and typed in both and it came up. Here is a link..not sure if it will work right since I was logged in using my account.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom