Some systems will not accept my house address...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Some systems like Verizon will not accept my home address for delivery or house insurance quotes. It seems that they verify addresses with the USPS database, but we use P.O.Boxes here as in many small towns. I called my local postmaster, who called her superior, then I was told to call the South Plains Association of Governments, which had an employee who knew exactly what my problem was. She looked my house up on google maps, then sent an e-letter to USPS to add the address to their database. How and how soon I can confirm the fix remains to be seen, but the call to the postmaster seemed to have got me headed down the path. Other locations outside of the Texas South Plains will be referred to other agencies I suppose, but there is a method.

. . . And get off my yard you damn fool kids!!

You’re well on your way to becoming “that” grumpy old man

I suspect that it's a nationwide problem, but only in the tiny towns with mail delivered only to POBoxes. The solution is only important to a tiny fraction of the US population, but I am still happy to find the resolution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom