Sorong Jakarta Safe Layover Time Before International

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garuda cancelled the extra 23 kg scuba gear free of charge mid last year. Great while it lasted..
It's back now.
They've seen it was a big mistake to cancel it

Hi Val, this 10.25 express air flight seems interesting as well, I've no clue whether is reliable and have good on time performance also...
Hi Fabiocassa,
We accomodated many guests in different fairlines over the years, and so far Xpress air has been reliable. Garuda is good. much more comfortable (seats, drinks, food) and has the advantage to arrive in the same terminal than your international flight; but they are not direct and often changed their schedules leading sometime to messy situations. Sriwijaya doesn't have direct flight, but their subsidiary NAM AIR has. Just one thing you should be aware, they don't really warm the cabin so it can be pretty cold inside, especially towards the end of the flight!....

Fabiocassa - I have had variable experiences will all domestic Indonesian airlines. A five hour layover in Jakarta is more than enough time ever between terminals. Relax and go with the flow. Any airline might cancel a flight, change the time (earlier or later), or turn around for mechanical issues. We even had a Garuda flight return to Jakarta, half-day to Singapore - what can I say. Have fun, the diving is outstanding.

Piggy backing.

Are my flights ok?
Singapore to Jakarta AIR ASIA QZ267 5:35PM
Arrive in Jakarta at 6:25PM

**5 Hours Layover. **

Jakarta to Sorong NAM AIR IN9586 12:05AM
Arrive in Sorong at 6:10AM

Thanks.

Thanks for all this helpful info. I too am planning my flights to Sorong. Has anyone taken the direct red-eye flight on Nam Airlines? I'm debating between it and the one on Express Air. The Nam flight is much cheaper.

How do the baggage allowances compare between the two airlines? If Nam has a much lower baggage allowance, depending on your baggage weight, there might not be that much difference. Does Nam have a better departure time?

if you are connecting to any flights in Singapore take a look at flying Garuda from Sorong to Manado and then Manado to Singapore or the other way around on the way in. I just did this last month. My friends that flew from IAH through Moscow to Singapore then to Manado and Garuda to Sorong. Personally I would do just about anything to avoid dealing with Jakarta and the flights from Singapore to Manado were seamless and the flight from Manado to Sorong was on a new plane. On time and very comfortable.

The choices are limited fir the Sorong flight. I agree that the red eye flight from Jakarta is a preview from hell, but I always seem to take that option. On my return to Singapore, I sometimes fly via Makasar. The downside is that one has to overnight in Makasar before continuing onwards to a singapore, consider the upside. If direct flig from Singapore to Sorong were available, Sorong would be super,developed for tourism and diving, similar to Phuket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom