South Male Atolls - November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I'm new to ScubaBoard but have been reading it for the past year! I'm getting ready to book a trip to Maldives in the South Male Atolls - but I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of a manta ray or whale shark. The group of us are half non-divers and half divers, so I'm wondering - will the resort I stay at be willing to take me to Northern Male Atolls, or South Ari Atolls? Those seem to be the places where whale sharks & manta rays have been spotted... Or will that simply be impossible?

Thanks,
Cassie

Hi Cassie

You are right that S Ari is great place to see whale sharks, but I don't think your resort in S Male Atoll will take you there. Its an open water crossing of 3+ hours each way.

Depending on where you are in S Male, you might get to N Male Atoll, but I suspect that its too far. The good news is that S Male Atoll has lots of great diving. We just got back from a liveaboard trip & 2 of the best dives of the whole week were in S Male Atoll.

Best

John

Back
Top Bottom