Southern Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cloudy, shower and strong wind.
Definitely extensive damages above 9m otherwise two enjoyable dives but the vis is suck! However, plenty of food for the whalesharks.
The night dive at Padre Bugos pier is history because of ships movement. PITY.
The resort is fully booked at least for the next 5 days.

Limasawa tomorrow or whaleshark watching.
I've heard lots of report about how the reef is at Napantao. It's good to hear for someone who has been there recently. Thank you.

1. There were clearly sign of damages in most places but the reefs has recovered sufficiently except on the shallow part in Napantao.
2. Sighting of the whaleshark has been very good this season.
3. Laundry is NOT available! Some people has to make a special trip to Padre Bugos, round trip of P20.00 on trike. So a bit inconvenient for some.
4. The transfer by public vehicle to Bato/Hilongos/Ormoc is NOT that straight forward and can be time consuming. Start the trip early ie. after breakfast. Breakfast is served from 07:00 onward.
I left the resort at 07:30, trike(P10.00) to the multi cab terminal at Padre Bugos. Jeepney(P50.00) to Maasin. Jeepney(P60.00) to Bato. Luckily as I got off the jeepney, a bus bounded for Ormoc just pulled in. Bus fare on a big AC bus to Ormoc was P165.00.
I could had got on the V-hire van at Maasin for Ormoc but would need to pay for an for extra seat for my pack(P250.00).

All in all an enjoyable short diving trip. Hopefully to return next yr.

Thank you so much! Good practical details

1. There were clearly sign of damages in most places but the reefs has recovered sufficiently except on the shallow part in Napantao.
2. Sighting of the whaleshark has been very good this season.
3. Laundry is NOT available! Some people has to make a special trip to Padre Bugos, round trip of P20.00 on trike. So a bit inconvenient for some.
4. The transfer by public vehicle to Bato/Hilongos/Ormoc is NOT that straight forward and can be time consuming. Start the trip early ie. after breakfast. Breakfast is served from 07:00 onward.
I left the resort at 07:30, trike(P10.00) to the multi cab terminal at Padre Bugos. Jeepney(P50.00) to Maasin. Jeepney(P60.00) to Bato. Luckily as I got off the jeepney, a bus bounded for Ormoc just pulled in. Bus fare on a big AC bus to Ormoc was P165.00.
I could had got on the V-hire van at Maasin for Ormoc but would need to pay for an for extra seat for my pack(P250.00).

All in all an enjoyable short diving trip. Hopefully to return next yr.
Thank you for the report. A good read.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom