SP MK10 PLUS LAST GENERATION

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I tested the 1st before cleaning it from dust and stuff, it seemed to be stable at 132psi with a slight creep of two psi, starting at 130 psi at 3000psi tank pressure.
After reassembling it seemed to have a higher creep, so I put on my Quick Set machine for 5 minutes.
After that it showed again only 2-3 psi creep and stayed stable again (within 6 minutes), starting at 129psi, but that was at 600psi tank pressure.
At full tank the creep was around 4-5psi in 6 minutes (IP 134 ), now after about 45 minutes it seems to have a set at 136psi, no more creep.
So I don't know, but I think that is about what I have experienced before with the blunt piston.
What irritates me a bit is that the 1st came without shims, how did they adjust this first generation of MK10 PLUS?
I'm pretty sure that this 1st has not been dived and also not dismantled before.......
But okay, maybe a cold water diver took out the shim(s) to get to this lower IP and didn't use it for whatever reason.

ANY d400 is better than a poke in the eye. Check with rsingler for service, parts or reconfigure to metal.

Amazing!
I just changed the LP Seat of the D400 and adjusted it, put it on the Quick Set and got it straight to 0,5inch/h2o Cracking Effort stable (at 132psi IP)!
Checked it several times, it's correct.
Never ever I managed to achieve that with a Delrin Orifice!
Must somehow have to do with the fact that it is 'brand new' and all components are new.
Still wouldn't have that expected.
From factory it was adjusted to the usual 'lousy' 1,3inch/h2o.
That really changes my attitude towards the Delrin Orifice.
Anyway, that is a really fine Vintage Reg now........

I've only worked on 2 D400s with the plastic orifice and I wasn't able to get either of them in good, stable tune. I still have one of them, maybe I'll try to fiddle with it again. My guess, just a guess, is that there's more variance between the regulators with the plastic orifice; it has to attach to the reg body so alignment theoretically might not be perfect, the edge isn't as sharp and so any variation in seat density might cause more of a problem, who knows. Almost all of my D series regs are D300s and I love them; they tune brilliantly and stay that way for years.

Glad you're having real success with this one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom