Spiegel Grove Complete Deck Plans (Attached)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maxpcf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all,

Hope you're doing well.

I recently found myself searching for the deck plans of the Spiegel Grove and noticed they were pretty hard to find.

In order to make it easier for others, I have compiled the deck plans in their entirety and have uploaded to Dropbox available to anyone.

DropBox SG Deck Plans

The files are large, about 500 megs in total, so either start the download and find something else to do for a while or download what section(s)you want.

Hopefully this will make others' search a little easier.

Remember, deck plans are no replacement for careful planning and first hand knowledge of the wreck don't attempt an advanced penetration if you are not well prepared, or you''ll learn this the hard way.

Three experienced divers die inside Spiegel Grove

Happy & Safe diving to all,
Max

Some of them aren't loading and it's stalling the download. I tried downloading and through my dropbox. "Inboard," "Outboard Profile," and "Midship and Type Sectons"

Hey all,

DropBox SG Deck Plans

The files are large, about 500 megs in total, so either start the download and find something else to do for a while or download what section(s)you want.

Happy & Safe diving to all,
Max

Max, would you like me to put these on Bittorrent for easier sharing? Either way, thanks for digging all of these up and organizing them.

Thank you very much for collecting this and letting us know! I've looked for these in the past and wasn't able to find them. I'm going to be down there this weekend and thought I'd look for the plans again. And here they are! I really appreciate it.

This *really* reminds you how big this wreck is! :)

Thanks very much! Does anyone know of a source for the Oriskany deck plans? There was a CD available from some folks at TDS many years ago, but all sources of contact for that are long gone.

Thanks very much! Does anyone know of a source for the Oriskany deck plans? There was a CD available from some folks at TDS many years ago, but all sources of contact for that are long gone.
I may have it someplace. It's a huge file. i will look for it.....

I've actually gotten blueprints to DiveNav a long, long time ago. I think he has it loaded up as a dive you can do.

This site has some various deck plans. The Hornet (CV-12) was the same class and has a couple of low-res available. They have the flight deck down but not the island. These are not dated plans so I assume it was pre-modernization. Same statement applies with all deck plans that you can obtain. I would also love to see better Oriskany plans!

Booklet of General Plans

Back
Top Bottom